By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that ruined entire franchises

Onimusha 4

While from a 2017 perspective it was great, compared to 1, 2 and 3 it was really pants and limiting.

It felt like C&C4, just wrong.

Same can be said for Metal Gear Solid 3

GTA IV was shit.

Mafia 2 was shit, 3...Well that just sealed the deal.

Sonic Adventure - did a big poopy poop on Sonic's legacy and things went south fast. Mind you Chaotix was pretty dreadful for actual gameplay though music and art was sublime in places.

Streets of Rage 3 felt like a Streets of Rage 2 hacked ROM.

Around the Network

Tales of Graces and Tales of Symphonia 2

I would say Tales of is one of my favourite game franchises if it weren't for a couple of games :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Nymeria said:
Sim City recently killed all interest I had in that series. EA did everything wrong with it after I spent hours loving Sim City 4

I remember that launch, what a mess.

Every Crash Bandicoot game after Crash: Wrath of Cortex (with the exception of Crash Nitro Kart)...

Shikamo said:
Halo 5, Killzone Shadow Fall, Dead Space 3, assassin's creed unity and star ocean integrity and faithlessness

What was so bad about Halo 5?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Shikamo said:
Halo 5, Killzone Shadow Fall, Dead Space 3, assassin's creed unity and star ocean integrity and faithlessness

What was so bad about Halo 5?

Has a Very generic History... it's a shame compared to halo 1, 2 , 3 and reach, sorry but is my opinion :3

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Hitman Absolution , dead space 3 did literally kill the franchise.
I don't get the AC:Unity hate, I loved it personally.

Kjartan said:
Pokémon X/Y, thanks god they reversed it with Sun/Moon

I know this is all opinion (for proof, see my next post) but what makes you feel like that about X/Y? Never seen anyone say they killed the franchise before.

T@byB®o©k said:
I don't get the AC:Unity hate, I loved it personally.

I feel the same way about Assassins Creed III. Its wasnt the best but still fun and different to the previous games. Personally I despised Unity, and it remains my least favourite AC game.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Halo 4 - 343 focused on story, graphics, and world-building at the expense of level design, AI, and engaging gameplay. Cribbing so many features from Call of Duty turned out to be a big mistake.

See, I think the same thing, but for Halo 5 not 4.

Personally thought 4 had the right mix, and preferred being able to spawn with my favourite loadout in multiplayer. They kept the staggering environmental design and took the series in a new direction.

In 5, they scrapped all of that and barely even let you play as the Master Chief. I didnt care about any of the other characters in the game and the environments were so boring. The revival feature also made the game way too easy, except for 1 major boss battle which was more a pain due to poor mechanics than a challenge. Then the multiplayer emchanic changes completely killed online, so its more run and gun than the steady build up firefights in more classic games. Unless 6 brings back the glory days then Halo is no longer the reason I keep getting an Xbox.

bigtakilla said:
More than likely Xenoblade 2. I know it's a bit premature, but it just looks SOOOOOOOOO BAD! I'm trying to convince myself to buy a Xenoblade, that should never happen.... EVER!

a 1 minute teaser that looked perfectly fine? get over yourself