By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Businessman at JFK assaults Muslim airline employee

Lawlight said:
Is this one of those fake hate crimes that's been going around lately?

surrree it's fake. his $50K bail is fake, and I guess the man named Robin Rhodes must be fake, and the comment he made "I guess I am going to jail for disorderly conduct" as the police arrested him must be fake too.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Lawlight said:

surrree it's fake. his $50K bail is fake, and I guess the man named Robin Rhodes must be fake, and the comment he made "I guess I am going to jail for disorderly conduct" as the police arrested him must be fake too.

Difficult to say. As I said, plenty of fake hate crimes were reported recently.

Lawlight said:
deskpro2k3 said:

What a priori evidence do you have that it's fake?  In Bayesian terms, what's the ratio of fake hate crimes to actual reported hate crimes?  Is it significantly greater than, say, 5% or are you just in the habit of interjecting "fake news" whenever someone reports a crime that doesn't fit some narrative?  It's really unproductive to take that as a default stance unless you have some statistics to back it up.

For what it's worth, this follow-up story consists of verifiable claims.  I personally confirmed a couple of the salient points using archive.org:

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/01/nitrofreeze_website_removes_me.html

It doesn't confirm any details of the case, but the sudden (some time within the nearest available sampling window) retroactive and silent removal of a July blog post is strong evidence that something happened with Robin Rhodes that the company considers to be an embarrassment.

Hope this guy gets a decent punishment for this. And the guy is wrong. Trump won't do anything to peaceful muslims in the USA. He'll brutally slaughter islamic terrorists though.

ebw said:
Lawlight said:

What a priori evidence do you have that it's fake?  In Bayesian terms, what's the ratio of fake hate crimes to actual reported hate crimes?  Is it significantly greater than, say, 5% or are you just in the habit of interjecting "fake news" whenever someone reports a crime that doesn't fit some narrative?  It's really unproductive to take that as a default stance unless you have some statistics to back it up.

For what it's worth, this follow-up story consists of verifiable claims.  I personally confirmed a couple of the salient points using archive.org:

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/01/nitrofreeze_website_removes_me.html

It doesn't confirm any details of the case, but the sudden (some time within the nearest available sampling window) retroactive and silent removal of a July blog post is strong evidence that something happened with Robin Rhodes that the company considers to be an embarrassment.

Where did I say it was fake?

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
Egelo said:

Ohh noes some one looked at me funny, must be a trump racist jsut give clinton the presidency.

She lost get over it.

moderated by axum

So shouting=kicking=looking? Are you stupid or something

Alternative facts.

Lawlight said:

Report of anti-Trump people doing something bad: "has to be true", "typical liberal preaching tolerance"

Report of pro-Trump people doing something bad: "Is this one of those fake hate crimes that's been going around lately"

Makes sense.

naruball said:

Report of anti-Trump people doing something bad: "has to be true", "typical liberal preaching tolerance"

Report of pro-Trump people doing something bad: "Is this one of those fake hate crimes that's been going around lately"

Makes sense.

Both sides completely ignore when someone ostensibly on their "side" does something bad at this point.

Politics has descended into animal level tribalism.

the_dark_lewd said:
naruball said:

Makes sense.

Both sides completely ignore when someone ostensibly on their "side" does something bad at this point.

Politics has descended into animal level tribalism.

Thankfully not all people from either side ignore all the bad points of their side. Some level headed people know when to give credit and to condemn actions of their side when they go against what their side stands for instead of going "but Tommy did it too!".

Locknuts said:
Hope this guy gets a decent punishment for this. And the guy is wrong. Drumpf won't do anything to peaceful muslims in the USA. He'll brutally slaughter islamic terrorists though.

Except that his rhetoric towards Muslims in the US has been quite disturbing.  He's basically said they're in charge of making sure the "bad" ones don't do anything, making a sort of guilt by association.  Worse, he's repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that thousands of Muslims were celebrating during 9/11.  This kind of fear mongering can help create a hostile environment.