By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So Trump has already started messing up big time relationships with Mexico

Tagged games:

Mr Puggsly said:
Mexico needs us more than we need them.

Much of their people wanna be in the US on top of that. So whatever, US isnt the problem here.

So they deserve to be treated like crap for that? Lol. 

I wonder if you'll still say that when Trump angers China and it causes a trade war or even worse. I hope you like expensive products, if you no longer want to rely on countries like Mexico or China. And by expensive I mean REALLY expensive. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Areym said:

I know illegals who are just people trying to get by. I agree that illegal immigrants must be tackled seriously but giving an avenue for those people to pay the taxes that they have to for living here. Border control is fine, also tighter travel laws or whatever it may be to stop people from over staying their visas. I don't mind paying for solutions that aren't, in my opinion, ass backwards. 

You're right, I don't wanna pay for illegals to get freebies (although most that I have met just want to work hard and help their families) and I don't want to pay for the wall, so where does that leave us? We need a better solution. I have no idea what it is, but this wall ain't it.

Well, there are 50M people living in poverty in Mexico. The US can't take them all in.

I agree that the wall is a waste of money. They should just spend that money on better tracking illegals within the country. Set up huge fines for companies employing illegals, visa check when trying to rent, identification when requiring services. I'm sure there's a better way.

Trump wouldn't fine his own companies though. ;) 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Lawlight said:

Well, there are 50M people living in poverty in Mexico. The US can't take them all in.

I agree that the wall is a waste of money. They should just spend that money on better tracking illegals within the country. Set up huge fines for companies employing illegals, visa check when trying to rent, identification when requiring services. I'm sure there's a better way.

Trump wouldn't fine his own companies though. ;) 

I wouldn't know whether he knowing employes illegals or not.

Alkibiádēs said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Mexico needs us more than we need them.

Much of their people wanna be in the US on top of that. So whatever, US isnt the problem here.

So they deserve to be treated like crap for that? Lol. 

I wonder if you'll still say that when Trump angers China and it causes a trade war or even worse. I hope you like expensive products, if you no longer want to rely on countries like Mexico or China. And by expensive I mean REALLY expensive. 

Yeah Americans will be saying "Remember the good times when consoles were 400 dollars and the iPhone was a 1000 dollars. Remember when we could buy cars so cheap. Remember a time when we could afford electronics like TVs and laptops"

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Lawlight said:
Areym said:

I know illegals who are just people trying to get by. I agree that illegal immigrants must be tackled seriously but giving an avenue for those people to pay the taxes that they have to for living here. Border control is fine, also tighter travel laws or whatever it may be to stop people from over staying their visas. I don't mind paying for solutions that aren't, in my opinion, ass backwards. 

You're right, I don't wanna pay for illegals to get freebies (although most that I have met just want to work hard and help their families) and I don't want to pay for the wall, so where does that leave us? We need a better solution. I have no idea what it is, but this wall ain't it.

Yeah, all that you mentioned sounds more reasonable that butting heads this hard with mexico. Ideally, we help mexico and their economy so mexican people don't have a reason to leave, in a way that benefits both countries, but obviously that's all beyond my knowledge. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I'll start by saying I don't like posting politics topics here, but that has to be shared and I didn't see it here yet.

Today the ridiculous claim he would build a wall over Mexico and make they pay for it was actually taken seriously by him and was officially signed.

Right after the President of Mexico lamented the act, and obviously said Mexico wouldn't pay for such thing.

Then Trump went on Twitter to tell him that if he doesn't plan to pay for it, that he should cancel a meeting both had on USA later this month, and that was exactly what happened, Mexico's President just cancelled it.

It's like the world's most powerful country is being ran by a spoiled brat that has a serious superiority complex because was born rich, what the actual fuck is even happening to USA, how the fuck will other countries take internacional relationships seriously with USA like that?

We all know USA is powerful, and is involved with a shit ton of important things with other countries, but if that's how it's going to be from now on, countries should and probably will start shiftting deals between themselves more often and directing more money between themselves and less through USA, which is a lose-lose for it. Hopefully if things start really getting out of hand USA people will take action and take power off his hands before real shit hits the fan on a worldwide scale.

Isnt that something Mexico and other Latin American countires should have done in the first place if they really cared about their sovereignty?

Mexico needs the US, not the other way around it. Mexico will pay the tax, the wall will keep the drug lords out, crime will decrease, life will get better.
Even Mexico will get better, cause, as drug lords get desesperate, they tend to make mistakes, get arrested and killed.
Everybody will win, except Madonna, CNN and the SJWs.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Just to give things a perpective, Obama also signed an executive order to close guantanamo, and we know how that ended.

Just saying, other than his Muslim Ban, most executive orders he signed had little real impact and could very well be just a marketing move, which is actually his game in the end.

To actually build that, he would need the congress to say where the hell the money will actually come from.
Truth be told, he is just going to use congress as a escape goat in the end.

So, Americans will have to pay more for imported Mexican products just to finance a dumb Trump wall that will do nothing. Just how stupid can America Be?

Flilix said:
Zoombael said:
I must commend Mr. Donald Trump. He is a man of his word (so far). I respect that.

He is, but it would have been better if he weren't, since his ideas are stupid and unrealistic.

A wall between Mexico and the US will cost an awful lot of money, and it won't help much (since most illegal immigrants just take the plane).

I did not say his ideas arent crazy stupid.

It feels so surreal. Him as president. Lika youtube parody has found its way into our reality. Will i click like or dislike? Not sure yet. Will keep watching. I feel entertained... for now.

Hunting Season is done...