By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ...six "sh**"s per year and a single "f**k."

Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul Reveals How Many Swears They Were Allowed Per Season

One "f**k" per season.

Actor Aaron Paul appeared on Conan last night and talked about fake Breaking Bad reboot rumors and how many swears and other bad words the show was allowed during its five-year run.

Starting with the reboot rumors, Paul said he catches wind of these all the time. In at least one case, someone created a mock-up poster for a new Breaking Bad show that looked so good that Paul joked that he thought it was real. Sadly for fans, there doesn't appear to be a Breaking Bad reboot in the works. However, there is an excellent prequel series, Better Call Saul, airing now, which features characters from Breaking Bad such as Jimmy McGill and Mike Ehrmantrout.

Also in the segment, Paul shed some light on what AMC allowed Breaking Bad in terms of swear words. The actors were cleared to say "bitch" as many times as they wanted (and Paul said it a lot), while they were allowed six "sh**"s per year and a single "f**k." One memorable use of "f**k" came from Skyler, who used the word to acknowledge her affair with Ted in the Season 3 episode I.F.T.

In other news, Paul recently teased that he will appear in the upcoming season of Better Call Saul. Another Breaking Bad actor, Giancarlo Esposito, who plays Gus Fring, is also coming back. Better Call Saul Season 3 premieres April 10 on AMC.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/breaking-bads-aaron-paul-reveals-how-many-swears-t/1100-6447281/

Around the Network

So let me get this straight during breaking bad we have seen some messed up things. Yet the producers where mostly worried about swearing for reasons I guess. I think this is some American media thinking at it's best.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

And a single fuck was given that year.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

First episode there is boobies.

I still don't get why people hate swearing.
Also, why the f*ck do Americans censor curse words? They just put more attention on it by doing so.

Around the Network

I never quite got our obsession of censoring curse words as opposed to actual content.. But in a way it kinda helps add some extra "umph" when you DO use them so I appreciate that aspect of it at least..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Qwark said:
So let me get this straight during breaking bad we have seen some messed up things. Yet the producers where mostly worried about swearing for reasons I guess. I think this is some American media thinking at it's best.

Its okay to watch brutal murders & action heros shooting millions of bullets and killing tons of people, but show a boob in a movie and americans freak out.

SegataSanshiro said:
First episode there is boobies.

I dont even recall that.

However I must say I loved "Breaking bad".

Good acting and storyline.