By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Scorpio Spec leak - "might suggest console isn't the "true" 4k console as MS claimed"

If Scorpio is just a Pro with a slightly better GPU then its not going to sell very well.

If this has been XB's plan the whole time, then they should have just launched Scorpio at the same time as Pro and used the RX480 GPU at 5.5Tflops. Put it in an X1S sized box with external power brick, or X1 sized box with internal power supply. That would have gotten better sales as it would have gone head to head with Pro and would have had a clear hardware advantage. Launching a year later than Pro for 0.5 more Tflops (6) is just a really dumb idea.

This makes me think whether or not the GPU is Polaris with more CU's or a gimped version of Vega, odds are Scorpio is using a Ryzen CPU in some shape or form. This is probably the main reason for XB to wait an entire year to compete with Pro.

Around the Network

Let us put this in terms that can be understood. You could have an individual with a 1" penis. Is this the same as an individual with a penis that hangs 1" from the ground? If the individual is a midget ("little person") that has had his legs amputated above the knee then both statements are true.

Why keep measuring penis sizes? Isn't it all about how it is utilized?

Please don't ban me...refer to my sig.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

method114 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
VR is preaty much dead by now.

There is no reason for Microsoft to hype it.

This "leak" doesn´t give much new information.

Not sure why you think that. Maybe because you only have an MS console? In the PC world it's growing and it's only going to continue to grow. This isn't something that's going to die its only going to get more advanced.

Tell that to all those closed VR studios and canceled VR projects. I have a good enough PC, however I have zero interest in VR for the near future. May be in 5 years. Motion controler could algo be getting more advanced, but support was droped.

On topic.

The biggest point of discution now is how MS will deliver the 6Tf: curent Polaris + Jaguar overclocked or Zen + Vega. However even if the former is chosen I belive it will be new variants with some improvements from both Zen and Vega features.

Another point is price. I would hope for $499 with all performance they can get, a real premium product. But if the more bleak opinions here and neogaf were realised, $399 is possible.

DroidKnight said:
Let us put this in terms that can be understood. You could have an individual with a 1" penis. Is this the same as an individual with a penis that hangs 1" from the ground? If the individual is a midget ("little person") that has had his legs amputated above the knee then both statements are true.

That's just what men with small penises say to make themselves feel better.

Zekkyou said:
Snoopy said:

Remember ps4 fans hyping nothing but 1080p. It was 1080p or give me death sort of thing. 

Sure, and i also remember when many Xbox fans where firmly on the side of 'resolution doesn't matter at all', yet now celebrate 'true 4k'.

Both sides have hypocrites, and both sides have people whose opinions have remained consistent. Some have even simply changed their positions slowly over time. Let's please not have another thread dissolve into this particular brand of nonsense :)

But it isn't just resolution, fps locked at crisp 60. That is what I'm hoping for the most.

Around the Network

We should wait for confirmation, though, how likely is this to be true?

Trunkin said:
DroidKnight said:

That's just what men with small penises say to make themselves feel better.

Exactly right, finally somebody gets it.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

This is apparently the Ori and blind forest developer (difficult, but fun game). If true, this will confirm my speculations about no more generations. Also he said xbox scorpio is a next gen system and ps4 pro was half assed.

Interesting. Ill have to watch this when i get home. My guess is if it doesn't use ESram than maybe its going for the new GDDR5X ram and maybe more than 8.

So apparently this document is old and things have changed since E3 2016... lol, wait and see before judging is always best.