By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump winning is to be blamed only on the left

bdbdbd said:
NO! I blame Clinton for being so bad candidate that people rather vote Trump.

This is a HUGE component; she was a terrible candidate, and only Trump was worse.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Hillary Clinton is a centre-right figure, not left.

^This.
She used to be a Republican.

While the DNC have their share in the blame, uneducated/uninformed people voting without looking up facts is another.

In economic policy maybe but not in social policy, which is what the op is talking about. It also doesnt help that she tried with all her might to hide that policy and push social politics throughout the whole process.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

WolfpackN64 said:

No, you're wrong. That's not how she presented herself on the campaign, especially on the social policy’s. 

Yeah, apparently the left managed to choose a horrible candidate.

invetedlotus123 said:

For more that Trump is a stupid guy, he had proposals, even if we can consider that bad, but they had them.

Yeah, that's the populist strategy: propose easy solutions to difficult and complex problems. Unfortunately in a lot of cases, a bad solution is probably more of an anti-solution instead. Perhaps Trump's solutions end up working, but personally I'm not too hopeful about that.

Zkuq said:

invetedlotus123 said:

For more that Trump is a stupid guy, he had proposals, even if we can consider that bad, but they had them.

Yeah, that's the populist strategy: propose easy solutions to difficult and complex problems. Unfortunately in a lot of cases, a bad solution is probably more of an anti-solution instead. Perhaps Trump's solutions end up working, but personally I'm not too hopeful about that.

His idea of nationalizing manufacturing is really bad. It can turn out to be a shoot in the foot. But that`s the thing. People don`t want to hear a complex economical study about what should be done. People want a easy way out, and if people see a) illegal immigrants getting job positions that could be theirs and b) the factories they used to work at going abroad, and now they are unemployed they will think the solution is a) get rid of illegal immigrants and b) bring factories back. I know it`s not like that, but we need to try to see things with the perspective of who believed this was going to be a solution. 

And again, the left ( i know it`s really complicated to say democratic party is left, but in an USAn reality let`s say they are) just neglected those people and refused to hear their side of the story. Even if they racist, homophobic, and etc stuff, I think trying to argue and educate is much more productive then saying SHUT  UP! like SJW do all the time when someone say something minimally outside what they think is right. 

If Hillary had a tangible and easy to understand solution for economical problems she could have won.

Around the Network

They were both absolutely terrible candidates, which is why I refused to vote for either one of them.

This turned out to be one of the weakest pair of Presidential hopefuls ever. Not only would any of our recent Presidents have beaten both, I think most of the eventual losers would have beaten them, as well. I would have voted for Romney or McCain if I had the choice.

More than anything, this showed the screwed up state both the Republican and Democratic parties are in, and how worthless the two-party system really is. Both primaries were a joke. The whole system needs to be changed. Why is Ohio so bloody important, anyway?

God, I loathe politics.

invetedlotus123 said:
Zkuq said:

His idea of nationalizing manufacturing is really bad. It can turn out to be a shoot in the foot. But that`s the thing. People don`t want to hear a complex economical study about what should be done. People want a easy way out, and if people see a) illegal immigrants getting job positions that could be theirs and b) the factories they used to work at going abroad, and now they are unemployed they will think the solution is a) get rid of illegal immigrants and b) bring factories back. I know it`s not like that, but we need to try to see things with the perspective of who believed this was going to be a solution. 

And again, the left ( i know it`s really complicated to say democratic party is left, but in an USAn reality let`s say they are) just neglected those people and refused to hear their side of the story. Even if they racist, homophobic, and etc stuff, I think trying to argue and educate is much more productive then saying SHUT  UP! like SJW do all the time when someone say something minimally outside what they think is right. 

If Hillary had a tangible and easy to understand solution for economical problems she could have won.

It's a nasty situation. You lose if you tell the truth, and you win if you tell what people want to hear. Have fun trying to both win and solve problems. Democracy sucks but I don't think I've heard of a better alternative either.

ratuscafoarterea said:
WolfpackN64 said:

No, you're wrong. That's not how she presented herself on the campaign, especially on the social policy’s. 

As any real leftist knows, the economy is the foundation of society, and if you're right on economic issues, you're right-wing. Doesn't matter how far your social policies go.

I blame those who didnt come to the election. If you care abt election, you come to the voting site, not to your facebook page

Mar1217 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

I'm glad someone else did their class in politics :D

It helps to be on continental europe, where social democratic parties constantly veer to the right economically, only to be rebuked time after time again by their electorate.