By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 EXCLUSIVE Preview !!!

im sure 30 minutes isnt anything unusual for MGS, some of the cut scenes on MGS2 (never played 3) were very long. as for them being interactive, i think that basically means the way you could move the camera around slightly with the analog.

The way they dont cut to FMV always makes it a little more immersive to me, you know at any second that control could return to the pad, with FMV you pretty much know are watching a pre recorded part until it stops and returns to game graphics.

Around the Network

^ I agree. It will be similar to the torture/strangling cutscenes in MGS2; you have to stay alert, so that you can quickly respond to 'mashing' the triangle button to hold you breath. This made the cutscenes much more fun.

^ i thought the torture scenes were mgs3

can't wait for this game

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

The Metal Gear Saga 2.0 pre-order discs are arriving at GameStops today and tomorrow! :D

ameratsu said:
^ i thought the torture scenes were mgs3

can't wait for this game

They were in both, but I don't think the ones in MGS3 were interactive.  Though I could be wrong.  I haven't played it in a while.

Around the Network

I nearly spat out my lunch when I was scanning through your article libellule.

I thought he was holding a 360 controller there!

Good article though, thanks for posting.

nine0nine said:
im sure 30 minutes isnt anything unusual for MGS, some of the cut scenes on MGS2 (never played 3) were very long. as for them being interactive, i think that basically means the way you could move the camera around slightly with the analog.

The way they dont cut to FMV always makes it a little more immersive to me, you know at any second that control could return to the pad, with FMV you pretty much know are watching a pre recorded part until it stops and returns to game graphics.

Actually regarding the interactivity of cut scenes they say this

"On pourra par exemple, durant le Briefing de la mission 2, choisir d'alterner entre plusieurs caméras, voire même de se déplacer dans l'avion où se situe le Briefing (via un petit robot dont nous parlerons plus tard), histoire de voir les dialogues sous un autre angle ou tout simplement, de dénicher certains bonus dissimulés dans le lieu en question."

"It will be possible, during the briefing of mission 2, to choose to switch between several cameras, or move into the airplane where the briefing is held (with the help of a little robot which we'll talk about later) in order to see all dialogues from a different angle or, just to find several bonus hidden in said place. "

Soriku said:
Cool. But...

"- some are quite long (30 min)"

30 freaking min cutscenes? And I thought FF was bad.

Have you ever played an MGS game? You are a Kingdom Hearts fan right?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

nine0nine said:

With MGS3, you can zoom the camera in and move it around like you could in MGS2. There are also prompts (with a flashing of the R1 button at the top of the screen or a few hidden prompts) to press R1 and see something through snake's eyes. Through this prompt, you can get the view of Snake when he looks through his scope, see some hidden easter eggs, and other stuff in the actual cut-scenes. 

Wow ... this game will be a huge hit