By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it really that strange to alphabetize your games?

Almost all of my games that are on display on shelves are in alphabetical order within platform.  I've had a handful of people I wouldn't say have criticized but have found it surprising that my games are alphabetized.  Why???  I honestly cannot phantom what's the issue.  It's not like it's a single 1 foot wide shelf that doesn't need a lot or organizing to find something.  On a related note, a friend of mine couldn't understand how someone could keep their comics is new condition.  Well Dan (<--- my friend) if you weren't such a slob, maybe your comics wouldn't be in a single pile sitting bare from the carpet up with the corners hanging over each other, and your comics MIGHT be in the same condition, too.  Anyway, do you alphabetize your games?  If not, why wouldn't you?

Around the Network

Thats what I do as well. What else would I do?

I don't

I just group them with the same system, but I don't have too many games anyways :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I do it as well.

Yeah... Like KLXVER says, how else would you do it?

If you have more then 10 or so games for one console they need to be organised in some way.

It's not strange at all.

Around the Network

First of all, I have friend named Dan who is slob too. Who fixes their lawnmower in the kitchen? I was at his place last night. He's a good guy. But no, it's not weird to alphabetize your games. I don't do it, but I don't swap them out often enough for it to matter, and a simple scan will net me what I want quickly.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

RolStoppable said:
Yes, it is strange.

I sort my games in two categories, good and bad. This means one group is Nintendo games and the other one third party games.

Sell the bad and buy more good ones.

I group them based on the producer and I put games made by the same developer in chronical order. I do the same for movies and music, although I order the latter on genre bans and the year the album released. Anyway for me it's a very logical system and I can find my music, games or movie pretty much blindly. If you can do that as well I would say as long as the system works it ain't stupid.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

RolStoppable said:
Yes, it is strange.

I sort my games in two categories, good and bad. This means one group is Nintendo games and the other one third party games.

Nintendo being the bad ones right can't imagine GTA 5, RDR, Skyrim and others being bad.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
I group them based on the producer and I put games made by the same developer in chronical order. I do the same for movies and music, although I order the latter on genre bans and the year the album released. Anyway for me it's a very logical system and I can find my music, games or movie pretty much blindly. If you can do that as well I would say as long as the system works it ain't stupid.

What do you do when a game is made by two developers? Which developer do you group the game with?