By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should do more remasters

Having not played Nintendo games for more than 10 years, I think Nintendo solution for the first year droughts is to make more remaster for people like me. Doing remasters are way easier than developing entirely new games, but for many will be like new games. Perfect game for remasters that would be amazing considering the mobile form factor would be:

Super Mario galaxy 1/2 collection

Bayonetta 1/2 collection

Super mario 3d World

Pokken Tournament 2 ( just like Splatoon 2, essentially a remaster with more content)

Xenoblade collection (perfect preparation for xenoblade 2)

Not only is a great incentive for new fans to buy the console, but even hardcore nintendo fans would mind buying the games again to replay with improved graphics, performace and on mobile console. 

Also, ports are a great way to familiarize the development engineers with the new hardware and its tricks.

Around the Network

I'm sure you will get plenty.

I feel like that half of what NInty does these days, they just don't put much work into them. They basically just re-release old Zelda games a couple of times per year.

VAMatt said:

I feel like that half of what NInty does these days, they just don't put much work into them. They basically just re-release old Zelda games a couple of times per year.

Twilight Princess HD was the exception, not the rule. WW HD, OOT 3D and MM 3D had some decent effort put into them.

I would pay good money for a remaster of Mario Galaxy 1/2 on the Switch.

Also Mario Power Tennis, because clearly they don't plan to ever make another Tennis game as good as that was.

Around the Network

Sure, why not. I used to hate them, but them I came to feel they're re-releases that were just not meant for me.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Since the Wii U and Switch isn't that far off in terms of power........ I can see a lot of Wii U games quickly getting a sequel or an enhanced version.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

No, I would like to see new games instead :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
No, I would like to see new games instead :/

Exactly!

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I would love a true remaster for Mario Galaxy and Luigi Mansions Games

Switch!!!