By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma says Zelda: Breath of the Wild doesn’t have an option for dual audio

KLAMarine said:
Jranation said:
If there isn't much dialogue then it should be fine. From that trailer, its only Zelda's voice that is worrying.

I think Zelda sounds fine the more I hear it. I think I can hear her natural voice underneath her upset voice and I like what I hear.

For me, like in Animes and games, If I dont hear the Japanese voices, the english dub will sound fine to me. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Believe it or not, you're not the authority on what is respectable or not on VGC.

Not yet.

The thread provides new information about something people were wondering about. I don't see why you would say it isn't respectable and deserving of mockery. You and Veknoid may not care about dual audio in games, but some people do. I see no reason why they should be mocked.

shikamaru317 said:

Terrible news. I loved the Japanese audio and was disappointed by the English audio. I really hope they change their minds after release and patch this in.

+

KLXVER said:
Why not? That seems like it would take 10 seconds to add...

Probably cartidge size's effecting it.

Its not like a disc where its the same price no matter how much you put on it it (size wise).

The smaller they can keep the size of the game the better (as long as it keeps it under xzy size so they wont have to go up a tier in size).

Knitemare said:
Peh said:
Ffs, this is a fucking dealbreaker. How difficult is it to add a language option to the game? This is fucking 2017. So far, only Steam is allowing me, to change the language freely. Microsoft store can't do that shit and origin won't let me do it neither. 3DS and Wii u is also the same bullshit with changing the OS language. Get your shit together Nintendo!!!!!!!

Its up to the developer I think. In Uncharted games I remember that you can choose the spoken language without having to change system's.

yeah it's different from game to game.

I have my X1 OS language set to English, so English is the default language for every single game, BUT some games have the option to select a different language track (and/or subtitles) in-game.

However it being "impossible" to implement is of course bullshit.

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

The thread provides new information about something people were wondering about. I don't see why you would say it isn't respectable and deserving of mockery. You and Veknoid may not care about dual audio in games, but some people do. I see no reason why they should be mocked.

When they say that it could it be the difference whether they buy a game or not, then it is deserved.

But that isn't the topic here. The OP doesn't mention that. Mock the reactions if you think they're overblown.

Someone who says he won't buy the game because of that, tells us that he was probably not going to buy it in the first place and is here just to push the hate agenda. But that's not what the OP did. So his topic isn't deserving of mockery.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

But that isn't the topic here. The OP doesn't mention that. Mock the reactions if you think they're overblown.

Someone who says he won't buy the game because of that, tells us that he was probably not going to buy it in the first place and is here just to push the hate agenda. But that's not what the OP did. So his topic isn't deserving of mockery.

Does topic only ever refer to the original post of a thread? My bad then.

I should have said thread, and Veknoid was obviously mocking the responses in the thread.

All 4 posters who mentioned it to be a deal breaker, or Aerys, who never had any intention of buying the Switch, mentioning he canceled his pre-order just because of the lack of that feature.

And isn't the OP supposed to be the topic of the thread? Otherwise, why have a OP at all? Let's have a big chatroom instead.

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

All 4 posters who mentioned it to be a deal breaker, or Aerys, who never had any intention of buying the Switch, mentioning he canceled his pre-order just because of the lack of that feature.

So... are you going to stick up for them?

I'm not sticking up for them. But Veknoid's comment was mocking pretty much anyone who wished to have the option to mix audio and text languages to their liking. And that's a tendancy of his, whenever people are negative about something he has no issues with.

I don't quite get it. He says that if I change the system region to Japanese I get Japanese text, but that's Japanese audio as well? So they have Japanese audio on the PAL cartridge, or... ?

StarOcean said:
Good. Japanese VA is one of the worst things ever

Here's your guaranteed reply.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Meh... I wanted to play it with Japanese audio.