Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Launch Feels Like a "Soft Launch"

joora said:
VGPolyglot said:

But still not as high as Wii Sports. If you don't count bundles let's look at Japan. Hint: Wii Sports sold more than Twilight Princess.

That's where 1,2 Switch comes into play.

1,2 Switch looks nowhere near as good as Wii Sports.

Around the Network

I could see it as a soft launch, but I also see it as a mistake. Perception is reality and a soft launch means that the system will look bad. Youtubers will be showing the system in its imperfect state and it will cause casuals to look at it like they look at Wii U (if they looked at Wii U at all). When Nintendo lines up their ducks in the fall the damage will already be done.

VGPolyglot said:
joora said:

That's where 1,2 Switch comes into play.

1,2 Switch looks nowhere near as good as Wii Sports.

That's true watching  it from a western culture perspective, I'd like to find out what's the perception of 1,2S in Japan, which has a rather different taste.

But, even if 1,2S isn't any good, the size of the Switch consol, it's portability aspect, and rather good roster of games from 3rd party Japanese devs will push Switch in Japan.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

But still not as high as Wii Sports. If you don't count bundles let's look at Japan. Hint: Wii Sports sold more than Twilight Princess.

I cannot allow myself to get drawn into this craziness.

So they've broken you down, too. I learned to choose my battles.

Some people don't care about being right or wrong. They just want to win. I've quit debating with those people.

mZuzek loves to pre-order

bunchanumbers said:
I could see it as a soft launch, but I also see it as a mistake. Perception is reality and a soft launch means that the system will look bad. Youtubers will be showing the system in its imperfect state and it will cause casuals to look at it like they look at Wii U (if they looked at Wii U at all). When Nintendo lines up their ducks in the fall the damage will already be done.

So far youtubers that have mostly casual audiences and were invited to the presentation have talked mostly positive about switch. Also, many casuals got the first impression from the switch reveal video (25 millions view), and has gathered overwhelmingly positive reaction.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Now to drop some facts.

-3DS launched in February. A first quarter launch is not unheard of.

-SNES launched with F Zero, Pilot Wings, and Super Mario World on day one.

-N64 launched with Pilot Wings and Mario 64. That's it.

-The worldwide launch of the Vita was in February.

-Vita (beloved on this site) was $300 at launch for the 3G version and ZERO memory.

-The PS4 and Xbox One launched with several features unavailable. I could list them if you want.

The Switch launch doesn't feel like a "soft launch" to me. I've been around long enough to say it just feels like a launch. Period.

Exactly.  Buying at launch is an investment in trust for the future of the system.  My PS4 at launch wasn't worth the $400 I spent, but in the years since has easily been worth it.  

d21lewis said:
RolStoppable said:

I cannot allow myself to get drawn into this craziness.

So they've broken you down, too. I learned to choose my battles.

Some people don't care about being right or wrong. They just want to win. I've quit debating with those people.

Yeah, it's the 2014-2017 vgchartz, logic discussion is impossible a lot of people witn brain damage or pretending to be braindamage, you are totally rigth  Rol, you too d21lewis.

34 years playing games.

Ok people.

Those who are trying to use some twisted logic and omission when it comes to the launch games are definitely in a nonsensical crusade.

I mean, seeing people debatting if the Switch launch is the worst in existence is pretty ridiculous when we're talking about a system who's gonna receive the most awaited Zelda game in existence,first.
Then, nothing has been set in stone for the launch lineup as much as I know. 1-2 medium size japanese/western game(s) could still be added to the launch lineup.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

d21lewis said:

Now to drop some facts.

-3DS launched in February. A first quarter launch is not unheard of.

-SNES launched with F Zero, Pilot Wings, and Super Mario World on day one.

-N64 launched with Pilot Wings and Mario 64. That's it.

-The worldwide launch of the Vita was in February.

-Vita (beloved on this site) was $300 at launch for the 3G version and ZERO memory.

-The PS4 and Xbox One launched with several features unavailable. I could list them if you want.

The Switch launch doesn't feel like a "soft launch" to me. I've been around long enough to say it just feels like a launch. Period.

So very good launch for N64 with thé most cult 3D game and à good game un exclusivity for thé launch

SNES.. well you Said everything

3DS was weak but I rémind à better launch than that still

You fail to rémind Vita Wifi ( you know thé version post people bought ) was $250

Thé Switch launch does indeed feels like à weak launch in term of exclusive Switch games. Thé only Big game is à game available on an other console. 

People and journalists are not joking when they say among thé top 3 worsg launch ever 

Then thé futur will tell if the Line Up improves, Mario should help to make this console nécessary but at Christmas.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m