By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One. Why?

Nah xbox UI is worse then PS4 to me, install times are slower as is the processing speed. Games are Inferior on xbox one. People probably buy one out of brand loyalty from 360 days.

Around the Network

Can't speak for anyone else but I think the controller is superior (although, DS4 is a massive upgrade), Halo is my favorite franchise of all time (so there is some bias there).

I'd love more japanese games on the platform but there is a stigma towards those games and ignorance from other parties. Japanese games don't sell since people don't buy the console for those games (since they are so few) and the audience they are trying to tap into wont buy the console unless there are more incentives to do so. Final Fantasy isn't a franchise I'm interested in but I would have loved Scalebound and Phantom Dust so it's sad to see them cancelled.

I have both consoles but I rarely play PS4 because most of their games aren't for me like, Bloodborne and Killzone and the others are just boring gameplaywise like Infamous SS and Uncharted 4. I love Killzone for a few things but not their gameplay and Infamous 2 was my favorite game on PS3 but SS was just meh in comparison.

BC is big deal for me. I don't own an Xbox One yet, but I think about getting a Scorpio mainly for BC.

In addition to things people are saying... ea access. Insane value

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

BC
EA Access
GwG
UHD
Gears, Forza, Halo etc.
Play Anywhere
Cheaper physical multiplats (at least here in Europe)

Some reasons I can think of. Not necessarily my reasons to have one though (that would also include me being an achievement whore that started with the 360).

Around the Network

It's a console with fun games.

Alkibiádēs said:
PotentHerbs said:

Its the go to excuse to explain why PS4 exclusives are so highly rated on Metacritic in contrast to XOne exclusives.  It's pretty much a poor trolling attempt, seriously, as a PS fan I could do better in downplaying PS4 exclusives lol.

Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Ori, etc. were all highly rated games. 

Not higher than PS4 exclusives though.

Azzanation said:

Well considering Xboxes biggest exclusive Halo hasn't hit PC since Halo 2 days and even than those games sold better on Xbox.
Why choose PS4 when PS Now is becoming a thing where more PS exclusives are available than X1s.
Really why buy a console at all if you own a gaming rig.
Some just simply enjoy the console experience hence why Xbox still sells.

Lets not even compare the multiplayer online experience that Xbox offers over PSN.

Yeah after the gen lol which isn't a big deal. A good portion of XOne exclusives will hit PC this gen before Xbox720/XTwo comes out.

There are a lot of little things that Xbox One does that PS4 doesn't. I actually own three Xbox Ones (two normal. One S) and two PS4s (one regular, one Pro). This y little things sometime make me prefer Xbox One and even buy third party games for it.

-EA Access means Mass Effect Andromeda will be cheaper.
-Much better cloud storage option. Jumping between consoles and playing digital games is seamless on Xbox One and a chore on PS4.
-online is just better. Little things like "True Achievements" integration, different comparisons between you and your friends (number of deaths, time played, miles driven, etc)
-TV, TV, TV
- much better media player

At the end of the day, most if not all of these things are negligible. M$ has some franchises I like. I really enjoyed games like Gears, Halo, Quantum Break, Rare Replay, etc. If you look at my sig on a regular basis, you'll often see a game that just isn't available on the competition. I don't have and I'll probably never buy a gaming PC.

Don't get me wrong. I love PlayStation, too. I've been playing Gravity Rush 2 all day and I've already paid off Resident Evil 7 for PS4. I got my first PS4 before my first Xbox One.

There's reasons to own both.