By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Innovation and Power in one

Hardware wise:

In one hand we have Microsoft, the company that believes power can fix their problems. Scorpio will be indeed the must powerful console on the market.

In the other hand we have Nintedo, the company that believes power shouldn't even be considered as a selling point, and puts all their chips on features.

Software wise:

Tha last time Microsoft managed to produce a successful new first party franchise was over 10 years ago, when Gear of War was released.

Nintendo's focus on their strong first party line up and their lack of multiplat support, is actually their biggest weekness.

But then we can look at the alternative, a company that has been getting both: multiplat and first party support for years, without compromising the power of their consoles and more important: with constant software innovation.

So I ask: Is Sony the perfect balance between hardware power and software innovation?

Around the Network

The answer is yes, Sony is the perfect balance between hardware power and software innovation. Next topic.

I don't know about the innovation part, at least on the support side of things: Sony has always had problems supporting their peripherals and hardware that is not a mainline PS console. From the EyeToy, the Move, the Vita, and the VR set (just give it time). It trusts too much on the 3rd parties to support those for them. On the other hand, the software part for their regular consoles is always plentiful and great. It's a shame they put subscriptions on their online...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

So what innovation are you talking about?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Nah, I dont agree with it.I mean, Sony is a good company, but in terms of software innovation, there is no one like Nintendo.Hardware is debatable, even though I believe that Nintendo takes more chances.But software wise, Nintendo is unbeatable.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I don't agree with the innovation part, but I agree that they have new games more often than Nintendo and MS. Remember, innovation =/= new

Sony is just a likeable Microsoft. They do the exact same thing but get a better reception.

gatito said:
Sony is just a likeable Microsoft. They do the exact same thing but get a better reception.

Their game libraries are very different, especially for those of us who enjoy Japanese games.

Sony's not where they are for no reason.

Yes Sony is the best when it comes to Software and Hardware imo.