By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch online requires Phone App? Why is no one talking about this?

This + the " free" games only offered for one months are why Nintendo shouldnt make à paid service, they do it all wrong

And After reading this people still dont understand thé whole négativity around Nintendo ( also for things like not allowing to use thé gamepad on Zelda... We know why, only to not give it advantages overdose Switch version) and the Switch

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
vivster said:
Adamblaziken said:

Its a multitasking world. If you want to do 2 things at once

So it's just as easy as holding the Switch with your two hands and then just use your third hand to make things happen on the device you're already holding by using a second device. Got it.

Im just going to assume you arent good at multitasking. 

Its over 9000

Adamblaziken said:
Normchacho said:

So if I'm a gamer who wants to play online with the Switch and wants to talk to my friends in game but don't want to use the app what's my alternative?

What have you been using?

The in-game voice chat included in every other modern video game system.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well, VC isn't the main one, it requiring a phone to make lobbies/matchmaking is the main one.

If it's an optional feature, I am good but if it is the only method, then fuck dat.

Oh, I mean...all of the matchmaking seems to be done through the app if Reggie isn't mispeaking over and over again.

Yea but I want to make 100% sure hence why I m waiting until fall to buy it. Cause if it is the only option, it is mindblowingly stupid

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Aerys said:
And After reading this people still dont understand thé whole négativity around Nintendo ( also for things like not allowing to use thé gamepad on Zelda... We know why, only to not give it advantages overdose Switch version) and the Switch

They are negatively making up negative things. I cant stop them

Its over 9000

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Adamblaziken said:

What have you been using?

Thank the lord. We finally got to the bottom of it. Just use that if you dont want to use your phone. It is an option

Its over 9000

Adamblaziken said:
vivster said:

So it's just as easy as holding the Switch with your two hands and then just use your third hand to make things happen on the device you're already holding by using a second device. Got it.

Well I'm only good at multitasking using a single device like a smartphone or a PC or a PS4.

You still haven't told me what amazing feature there is on that second device that couldn't be done faster on the device you're already using.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Adamblaziken said:
Normchacho said:

Thank the lord. We finally got to the bottom of it. Just use that if you dont want to use your phone. It is an option

Not on the Switch it's not. It does not, I repeat, DOES NOT have voice chat capabilities built into the system based on what Nintendo has said thus far.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

vivster said:
Adamblaziken said:

Well I'm only good at multitasking using a single device like a smartphone or a PC or a PS4.

You still haven't told me what amazing feature there is on that second device that couldn't be done faster on the device you're already using.

It gives you options. So if you were to want or need to do something else on the screen then you can

Its over 9000

Normchacho said:
Adamblaziken said:

Not on the Switch it's not. It does not, I repeat, DOES NOT have voice chat capabilities built into the system based on what Nintendo has said thus far.

It DOES NOT matter what you say. It will have the capabilities. Just think about it

Its over 9000