By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch online requires Phone App? Why is no one talking about this?

Peh said:

Seriously. It's an issue for you, because you seem to make one out of it for the sake of it. You think you reflect the majority of complains about the console. No, you simply don't.

First point. Like I already said: You can attach the joy-cons on the handheld for charging them up after you are done gaming. If that is way too much for you, then sadly, you have to spend 30 $ for that power grip. Maybe there will be a bundled pro Controller at a slightly higher cost. Who knows. But at this moment, there is not.

Second point. Because YOU buy all your games digitally, does this mean that the issue is on Nintendo? What do you actually expect them to do? Ask you first how much GB you need for your games and then produce the console at a higher price point? People are now complaining that this device is way too expensive for completely different reasons. Seriously, what do you want? If they increase the flashdrive to 128 GB then you can expect a higher cost of min. 100$. Thus will be too expensive for too many people. And I promise you, there will still be people complaining that the flashdrive size of 128 gb is still too small. This issue is enterily on you. The consumer. You have the option to buy the games physically.

"Hmmmm.... I am beginning to notice a pattern here amongst nintendo fans. So anything taht doesn't affect you isn't a real issue?

The concept of subjectivity just seems to totally go over your head."

And what the hell? Because you are unable to provide a reasonable argument against me, it must be because of me liking Nintendo stuff that I am not agreeing to everything you throw at me? Yeah, tell yourself that. Fox and the grapes. Read it.

All I will say is this...

in the country I am in no one has the option to buy any game physically unless they are willing to spend 3 times as much.

If i say something is a problem to me then its a problem to me. The difference is that unlike you, I am not saying that becasue its a problem to me its a poblem to everyone (in which case you are saying that cause its not a problem for you it must not be a problem for anyone else) I am saying, if this or that can be a problem for me its bound to be an issue for someone else. 

lastly, stop this nonsense.... we are talking about nintendos online policy here and the whole using an app thing. If you say thats not an issue for you, then fine. But if you are saying tehre is nothing wrong with that? then well......

Around the Network

I think Nintendo was partly motivated by the smartglass app, its low-key a slick move offsetting what would be console duties to another device. I dont necessarily agree with it, but I can see why, Switch is not focusing on multitasking and will maximize its resources to games.

Intrinsic said:
Peh said:

Seriously. It's an issue for you, because you seem to make one out of it for the sake of it. You think you reflect the majority of complains about the console. No, you simply don't.

First point. Like I already said: You can attach the joy-cons on the handheld for charging them up after you are done gaming. If that is way too much for you, then sadly, you have to spend 30 $ for that power grip. Maybe there will be a bundled pro Controller at a slightly higher cost. Who knows. But at this moment, there is not.

Second point. Because YOU buy all your games digitally, does this mean that the issue is on Nintendo? What do you actually expect them to do? Ask you first how much GB you need for your games and then produce the console at a higher price point? People are now complaining that this device is way too expensive for completely different reasons. Seriously, what do you want? If they increase the flashdrive to 128 GB then you can expect a higher cost of min. 100$. Thus will be too expensive for too many people. And I promise you, there will still be people complaining that the flashdrive size of 128 gb is still too small. This issue is enterily on you. The consumer. You have the option to buy the games physically.

"Hmmmm.... I am beginning to notice a pattern here amongst nintendo fans. So anything taht doesn't affect you isn't a real issue?

The concept of subjectivity just seems to totally go over your head."

And what the hell? Because you are unable to provide a reasonable argument against me, it must be because of me liking Nintendo stuff that I am not agreeing to everything you throw at me? Yeah, tell yourself that. Fox and the grapes. Read it.

All I will say is this...

in the country I am in no one has the option to buy any game physically unless they are willing to spend 3 times as much.

If i say something is a problem to me then its a problem to me. The difference is that unlike you, I am not saying that becasue its a problem to me its a poblem to everyone (in which case you are saying that cause its not a problem for you it must not be a problem for anyone else) I am saying, if this or that can be a problem for me its bound to be an issue for someone else. 

lastly, stop this nonsense.... we are talking about nintendos online policy here and the whole using an app thing. If you say thats not an issue for you, then fine. But if you are saying tehre is nothing wrong with that? then well......

Uhm... You clearly listed:

"Impossible to charge and play on the Tv at the same time. Minority issue."

"Small internal storage meaning that going digital means you spend more on storage. Minority issue."

This was generally speaking by you , because after I said that this is not an issue for me you replied with:

"I thought that was obvious" to "I think what he's trying to point out that Nintendo require more than just 'you' for the Twitch to be successful."

Meaning, this was clearly meant as an issue for everyone.

But now, you admit, that this was indeed just your problem by emphazing those 2 points. By saying:

"If i say something is a problem to me then its a problem to me. The difference is that unlike you, I am not saying that becasue its a problem to me its a poblem to everyone "

Are you kidding me? What kind of game are you trying to play here?

"in which case you are saying that cause its not a problem for you it must not be a problem for anyone else"

I never said those issues were NONE existent! I argued that those are not a big deal. Hence: Browser, Youtube.

" stop this nonsense.... we are talking about nintendos online policy here and the whole using an app thing. If you say thats not an issue for you, then fine. But if you are saying tehre is nothing wrong with that? then well......"

Lol, Nonsense. You clearly made a point here.  Also, you started it.

I also said: "I agree with limited online functionality." But this just went over your head, huh?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3