By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Sony doesn't reveal hardware numbers.

“We've always said it's going to be a slow start, unfortunately, we did produce a lot of units but we ran out of stock in some retailers, but I think based on reports coming out of the holiday season, we're actually happy with the numbers.

"One of the reasons we're not talking about the numbers so much is because we don't want the numbers to take a life of their own."

-Sony Boss Kaz Hirai

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/01/16/is-sonys-psvr-doomed-heading-into-2017/#5698c2c33656

Around the Network

What is the last numbers based on ?

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:

I don't think it's based on anything. I don't think Sony's sharing numbers on PSVR sales.

Because they're bad.

Bit of a misleading headline as they do release hardware numbers on some products and not on others. Perhaps add that it is specific to PSVR.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
asqarkabab said:

I don't think it's based on anything. I don't think Sony's sharing numbers on PSVR sales.

Hmm 

Ps4 numbers are clear its selling like cheese 

But psvr has no numbers because of that what you said

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

For the same reason as everyone else

Probably for the same and only reason anyone on this business don't talk numbers: bad sales.

Neodegenerate said:
Bit of a misleading headline as they do release hardware numbers on some products and not on others. Perhaps add that it is specific to PSVR.

So much like Microsoft which shares hardware numbers on some products and not others?

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224870

asqarkabab said:
KLAMarine said:

Hmm 

Ps4 numbers are clear its selling like cheese 

But psvr has no numbers because of that what you said

Well according to Hirai, Sony's not announcing PSVR numbers so that the numbers don't "take a life of their own."

I wonder if Hirai was pressed on what he meant by that.

KLAMarine said:
“We've always said it's going to be a slow start, unfortunately, we did produce a lot of units but we ran out of stock in some retailers, but I think based on reports coming out of the holiday season, we're actually happy with the numbers.

"One of the reasons we're not talking about the numbers so much is because we don't want the numbers to take a life of their own."

-Sony Boss Kaz Hirai

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/01/16/is-sonys-psvr-doomed-heading-into-2017/#5698c2c33656

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/53-4-million-ps4-consoles-sold-sony-at-ces-2017-1645381

"At CES 2017, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai revealed that the company has sold 53.4 million PS4s over the console's lifespan. As of December 6, 2016, it had sold 50 million PS4 consoles."

Does that help?