By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Sony doesn't reveal hardware numbers.

KLAMarine said:
Neodegenerate said:
Bit of a misleading headline as they do release hardware numbers on some products and not on others. Perhaps add that it is specific to PSVR.

So much like Microsoft which shares hardware numbers on some products and not others?

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224870

asqarkabab said:

Hmm 

Ps4 numbers are clear its selling like cheese 

But psvr has no numbers because of that what you said

Well according to Hirai, Sony's not announcing PSVR numbers so that the numbers don't "take a life of their own."

I wonder if Hirai was pressed on what he meant by that.

I thought that is where you got your inspiration for this.  Obvious attempt to troll is rather obvious.  Microsoft not releasing console numbers is a far cry from a company not releasing peripheral numbers.  Apples and Oranges.

Around the Network

sounds like op saw that microsoft doesn't reveal hardware numbers thread and was like "sony too" and made this thread, garbage

They do reveal hardware numbers, you're talking specifically about VR and your headline is misleading.

You should ask yourself why no VR makers are revealing numbers before singling out Sony because it's an industry wide practice for now.

Bandorr said:
It is almost as if this is a retaliation thread..
Specially with the clickbait title.

Have they ever released numbers for accessories or 1.5 consoles?

Hardware is hardware.

V-r0cK said:
KLAMarine said:
“We've always said it's going to be a slow start, unfortunately, we did produce a lot of units but we ran out of stock in some retailers, but I think based on reports coming out of the holiday season, we're actually happy with the numbers.

"One of the reasons we're not talking about the numbers so much is because we don't want the numbers to take a life of their own."

-Sony Boss Kaz Hirai

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/01/16/is-sonys-psvr-doomed-heading-into-2017/#5698c2c33656

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/53-4-million-ps4-consoles-sold-sony-at-ces-2017-1645381

"At CES 2017, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai revealed that the company has sold 53.4 million PS4s over the console's lifespan. As of December 6, 2016, it had sold 50 million PS4 consoles."

Does that help?

To an extent. Would like to know PSVR numbers.

Neodegenerate said:
KLAMarine said:

So much like Microsoft which shares hardware numbers on some products and not others?

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224870

Well according to Hirai, Sony's not announcing PSVR numbers so that the numbers don't "take a life of their own."

I wonder if Hirai was pressed on what he meant by that.

I thought that is where you got your inspiration for this.  Obvious attempt to troll is rather obvious.  Microsoft not releasing console numbers is a far cry from a company not releasing peripheral numbers.  Apples and Oranges.

Hardware is hardware.

OP you're violating safe spaces around here. #trigg XD
On a more serious note, Sony is just copying MS. First it was paying for online features, now numbers.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Bandorr said:
It is almost as if this is a retaliation thread..
Specially with the clickbait title.

Have they ever released numbers for accessories or 1.5 consoles?

Hardware is hardware.

V-r0cK said:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/53-4-million-ps4-consoles-sold-sony-at-ces-2017-1645381

"At CES 2017, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai revealed that the company has sold 53.4 million PS4s over the console's lifespan. As of December 6, 2016, it had sold 50 million PS4 consoles."

Does that help?

Neodegenerate said:

Hardware is hardware.

So where is your outrage that they don't release number of controllers sold?  Again, obvious troll is obvious.

You should ask yourself why no VR makers are revealing numbers before singling out Sony because it's an industry wide practice for now.

But hardware is hardware. I really want to know how many controllers Sony has sold; I'd also like to know the monthly active users with turtle beach headsets.

Because they are scared.

KLAMarine said:

V-r0cK said:

Does that help?

Oh ok, well I'm not sure if they'll release those numbers.  I know MS has released Kinect sales before but it's not common to release sales on accessories in this or many businesses.  But I'd also like to know how well PSVR sold too.

KLAMarine said:

Hardware is hardware.

Sad. I guess we should start demanding Elite controller numbers since you want to incute a peripheral war now. LOL. The success of PS4 has never, and will never hinge on PSVR.