By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Won't Support Netflix at Launch - Report

bunchanumbers said:
This is kinda important. If Nintendo wants to be that junk tablet that replaces the kids tablet its going to need Netflix. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and all the other apps.

Well, I don't see parents tossing around $300 to be a junk tablet for kids.

That will remain with the like $30 amazon fire tablets.

Around the Network

I have NetFlix on my phone or computer and can always use my phone as a hotspot, so this doesn't seem like it would really affect their customer base.

If it is a ram issue for the Switch, Nintendo could come up with a multimedia cartridge that would have a web browser and Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video ect. Why are they putting parental controls and voice chat on your phone? Because I think the Switch will have next to no OS on the system itself, and dedicate all its ram for games.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Didn't the Wii U's versions of the multimedia programs take a few weeks to come out at launch. I can't really remember since I usually do not use consoles to do what most TVs can do out of the box.

SonytendoAmiibo said:
If it is a ram issue for the Switch, Nintendo could come up with a multimedia cartridge that would have a web browser and Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video ect. Why are they putting parental controls and voice chat on your phone? Because I think the Switch will have next to no OS on the system itself, and dedicate all its ram for games.

Doubt its any hardware issue.

I mean the 3DS had Netflix for crying out loud.

I'm guessing they looked at Wii U and 3DS netflix usage and though "whatever, no rush"

And seeing how they also are using phones it sounds like for their online stuff, it really seems they are just using this systems entire hardware all on the games. No extra O.S. bogging anythign down or apps filling up space 

Around the Network

It would be nice if it does get Netflix later on and Youtube. My little nieces and nephews use their tablets for those 2 apps only. Sure it's not necessary for many of us, but it'll be a lot more convenient for many others too.

Is there anyone without access to a device that supports Netflix in this day and age? Is this really a crucial feature that Switch can't do without? I am not convinced it is

Hmm that seems really strange. Why wouldn't it have youtube a day Netflix day one

onionberry said:
irstupid said:

What was trash on teh Wii U? Only thing I hated was the fact that it played on both teh TV and tablet same time. Basically had to throw a blanket over the gamepad to not have some glaring light in the corner of my eye while watching. But other than that, I found it very good. Nice to control and navigate. Also the gamepad let yo ulook at things like cast and stuff while the movie was playing.

well trash compared to other versions, was a bit slow and clunky. With the capacity touch screen should be better to navigate.

The Wii U version is actually really good. Better than the Android and Ipad versions at least. Only problem is, that you can't change the application language on Wii U itself, but you have to sign in on the Netflix webpage.

I think even the Wii version works pretty well.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Jesus Christ. Such a simply think isn't available at launch. Really starting to think this console was launched...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).