By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I wish we could have a real Final Fantasy again.

Bravely Default is pretty close to what you are describing, maybe you should give that a try

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:
Bravely Default is pretty close to what you are describing, maybe you should give that a try

Or Dragon Quest, replace Uematsu with Sugiyama and it's pretty much what the OP wants.

It won't happen cos my favorites left the company but I would like to see team Matsuno/ Ito have another go, I would appreciate another where Nomura handle characters and Ito creates game play

Acevil said:
I personally wanted finished products.

Harsh but fair. 

From FFXII to FFXV it feels like the games have been botched by developers either not having enough time or not having the direction to deliver a full Final Fantasy quality product: 

• The team behind FF XII shoe horned two extra characters based on marketing research and didn't know what to do with them.
  • FF XIII development was all over the place resulting in enough art assets to make 3 games but with the most basic and linear of mainline final fantasy games ever produced. 
  • FF XIV was released as a mess and had to go back into development, pulling developers from FF XIII Versus as it was known back then.
  • FF XV suffered from originally being a spin off with a different focus and having to be "mainstreamed" into a mainline title. They also blatantly pulled content choosing to release a separate film as a prequel and ran out of time as evidenced by not being able to flesh out the content for a whole second continent when a large chunk of the artwork had been done. 

So, I also want a proper Final Fantasy games in that I want one that actually delivers a full game of diverse content in-line with the FF games of the SNES/PS1 era. 

niceguygameplayer said:

Completely turn based or active time battles. 1080p to 4k 2D sprite graphics. Set in medieval times. A great soundtrack by Nubuo Uematsu... I may have his name spelled wrong. No pretty boy teenagers. Normal towns with shops. The Final Fantasy theme music and classic victory theme music. No DLC. A  complete game in a package.A real FF, unlike XIII and XV. 

This is why I play Brave Exvius. No, it's not exactly what you want but it's more FF than FF15 was... easily.

Around the Network

Serious question, why do we even need a 1080p/4k sprite pixel art? Does FF also need a touch of hipsterism?

FFXV is much funner to play than pretty much any final fantasy before it. If only they gave it a proper story.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion