By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I wish we could have a real Final Fantasy again.

Completely turn based or active time battles. 1080p to 4k 2D sprite graphics. Set in medieval times. A great soundtrack by Nubuo Uematsu... I may have his name spelled wrong. No pretty boy teenagers. Normal towns with shops. The Final Fantasy theme music and classic victory theme music. No DLC. A  complete game in a package.A real FF, unlike XIII and XV. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Agree in some areas, not in others. Sci fi and steam punk settings are just as much Final Fantasy to me as fantasy 'medieval' ones. Plus pretty boy teenagers are a big part of some of the best FF games, so no need to rule them out either.

I have FFIV and Cecil as my ideal FF. 

A new ff like part vi was, would be amazing, for me it was the perfect ff

FF Dimensions 2 is coming soon. That's as real as it gets. And if you haven't played Dimensions yet, get to it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I disagree with all the notions stated here. FFXIII and XV are as real Final Fantasy games as any other, that being said I wouldn't mind a system going back to ATB in the vein of PS1 Final Fantasy's.

Also, no pretty boy teenagers? You're removing a huge chunk of characters from what you so call "real Final Fantasy" games then. Pretty boy teenagers aren't neither bad nor wrong in a Final Fantasy game.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
niceguygameplayer said:

I have FFIV and Cecil as my ideal FF. 

And I have 8/10 and Squall/Tidus

Funny because you two mentioned all my fave poster boys I think. Cecil, Squall and Tidus are Top Tier.

Wright said:

I disagree with all the notions stated here. FFXIII and XV are as real Final Fantasy games as any other, that being said I wouldn't mind a system going back to ATB in the vein of PS1 Final Fantasy's.

Also, no pretty boy teenagers? You're removing a huge chunk of characters from what you so call "real Final Fantasy" games then. Pretty boy teenagers aren't neither bad nor wrong in a Final Fantasy game.

They're bad when they're 100% of the main cast.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

They're bad when they're 100% of the main cast.

I prefer pretty boys taking 100% of the main cast than having to endure terrible women on the party.

I still haven't played FFXV, but I can generally agree with the sentiments. Give me a modern FF like VI or IX, and I'll be happy.

FF like IX will do me fine.