By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Jimquisition on Nintendo Switch [Brace yourself]

Mere cold hard truth, especially bout their fans.

Dude is very honest about the game industry in general.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I remember Jim sticking up for the Wii U before it launched. So now he is reacting in the opposite way?

Proves his opinion can't be trusted.

Yeah I can agree in some points but Jim is being extremely sensationalist and nitpicking, some complaints are dumb, some are just assumptions and he doesn't show the other face of the coin, he is just on the negatives for 13 minutes.

miz1q2w3e said:
RolStoppable said:
I remember Jim sticking up for the Wii U before it launched. So now he is reacting in the opposite way?

Proves his opinion can't be trusted.

He also said ff13 goddamn awful when literally everyone  else was praising it. Look whos laughing now

John2290 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Everyone knows how I feel about paid online so everyone should know what I feel about this video

What is it that you feel?

About paid online:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Good god. Voice chat on your phone on a paid service? One rental 90's game a month after already paying 5 or 10 euro for some classics on wii? 70 euro controller which is almost certainly required for extended living room play?

Oh, lord. Why wasn;t this in the actual event? Dammit, the price, the lack of games, the battery life and the joy controllers and the focus on mini games had me put off already but now I'm absolutely sure I will not be buying this over its lifetime unless they make significant effort to rectify the above problems soon after launch and can grab some assurance that it isn't going to die six months after release.

....I smell a dreamcast sized failure with this one. :(

Just because hardcore gamers don't like the Switch doesn't mean other people won't buy it. The reason you're saying that is because you have it in your mind that Nintendo needs to sell their accessories at a competitive price. Problem is, they don't. For 99% of Switch buyers, accessories aren't necessary. Except for the Controller, which is ironically the only accessory priced reasonably(70$). A Mario, Zelda, and Splatoon game in the first year, as well as  smaller niche titles that will do well region wide(like Fire Emblem Warriors or Xenoblade 2) will make this a success. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
John2290 said:
Good god. Voice chat on your phone on a paid service? One rental 90's game a month after already paying 5 or 10 euro for some classics on wii? 70 euro controller which is almost certainly required for extended living room play?

Oh, lord. Why wasn;t this in the actual event? Dammit, the price, the lack of games, the battery life and the joy controllers and the focus on mini games had me put off already but now I'm absolutely sure I will not be buying this over its lifetime unless they make significant effort to rectify the above problems soon after launch and can grab some assurance that it isn't going to die six months after release.

....I smell a dreamcast sized failure with this one. :(

Just because hardcore gamers don't like the Switch doesn't mean other people won't buy it. The reason you're saying that is because you have it in your mind that Nintendo needs to sell their accessories at a competitive price. Problem is, they don't. For 99% of Switch buyers, accessories aren't necessary. Except for the Controller, which is ironically the only accessory priced reasonably(70$). A Mario, Zelda, and Splatoon game in the first year, as well as  smaller niche titles that will do well region wide(like Fire Emblem Warriors or Xenoblade 2) will make this a success. 

Not sure the pro controller is reasonably priced at $70. I can buy a Dualshock 4 right now for $48 on Amazon, and so far there is no indication the pro controller is even as technical as a Dualshock 4.

$60 for Skyrim?

Wat.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Goodnightmoon said:

Yeah I can agree in some points but Jim is being extremely sensationalist and nitpicking, some complaints are dumb, some are just assumptions and he doesn't show the other face of the coin, he is just on the negatives for 13 minutes.

The title of the video is "What Nintendo Fucked Up With The Switch So Far".

Not : "What's good and what isn't about the Switch so far". 

BeatdownBrigade said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Not sure the pro controller is reasonably priced at $70. I can buy a Dualshock 4 right now for $48 on Amazon, and so far there is no indication the pro controller is even as technical as a Dualshock 4.

The base price for the Dualshock 4 is 60-65$. It's just down to 48$ because the Playstation 4 has been around for years and they now have color variants to sell at higher prices(Yes, a different color is worth 5-7$ more). and not as "technical"? This is like the farthest stretch you could ever make. Just because the Switch isn't as powerful as the PS4 doesn't mean we should just assume the Pro controller might not be as "technical" as the PS4 controller. The PS4 controller comes with a useless light, a small speaker no one uses, and a 6 hour battery life. The Pro Controller comes with gyro controls, HD rumble, and has a 40 hour battery life, plus it's made better than the Dualschock 4.