By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Steep will benchmark Nintendo Switch power

using pc's recommend specs to try and extrapolate the relative spec of switch is outright silly.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
rjason12 said:

It's also a game that was likely hastily ported to the system. Plus how many titles at launch come right out of the gate utilizing a systems full potential?

May as well say that resistance:fall of man was a good benchmark for PS3, or perfect dark zero for Xbox 360.

6 months ago Aonuma told that Breath of the Wild was made for the NX from the start.

Now it's a rushed port, between the lies Nintendo tells and the make believe Nintend fans tries to spread, it's getting confusing.

Well obviously I didn't know that, because I said LIKELY, and you wanna talk about Nintendo fans spreading lies? What about all the negative rumors that are automatically believed as true that are spread by trolls on the daily? And nice picking apart my reply to get only the things to use against me instead of fully replying to my comment.

NATO said:
using pc's recommend specs to try and extrapolate the relative spec of switch is outright silly.

It's rather straighforward actually: compare and match the Switch performance to a similar performance profile on PC. That's not silly, it's science!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

rjason12 said:
maxleresistant said:

6 months ago Aonuma told that Breath of the Wild was made for the NX from the start.

Now it's a rushed port, between the lies Nintendo tells and the make believe Nintend fans tries to spread, it's getting confusing.

Well obviously I didn't know that, because I said LIKELY, and you wanna talk about Nintendo fans spreading lies? What about all the negative rumors that are automatically believed as true that are spread by trolls on the daily? And nice picking apart my reply to get only the things to use against me instead of fully replying to my comment.

Your rigth, and yes only the bad rumors are real for the same people on every thread, why only the bad ones, TLZ BOTW, on a rumor was runnig worst on th Switch later we see it was completely false, nobody was at least giving an apology... so it's the problem rigth now on the forum of vgchartz... so much nosense so much lies  and nobody does nothing to stop that.

34 years playing games.

fleischr said:
NATO said:

It's rather straighforward actually: compare and match the Switch performance to a similar performance profile on PC. That's not silly, it's science!

is switch running a resource heavy OS and hardware abstration layer? nope.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
Well we already know its much more than Wii u due to 4 player splitscreen 1080p 60fps MK8. Thats a big improvement already

Considering that in the same scenario on the Wii U it ran in 720p 30fps, we can safely assume that Switch is at least thrice as powerful. In that case, the rumored 1TFlop (vs estimated Wii U's 352 GFlop) would turn out to be true.

Switch will have the most immersive version for the masses thanks to its JoyCons...

Graphics just need to be good enough to not throw out the gamer out of the immersion.

Good decision from Ubi: Steep is a perfect match for the Switch.

maxleresistant said:
rjason12 said:

It's also a game that was likely hastily ported to the system. Plus how many titles at launch come right out of the gate utilizing a systems full potential?

May as well say that resistance:fall of man was a good benchmark for PS3, or perfect dark zero for Xbox 360.

Nope. Wii U version has more percentage of port. 

Nintendo switched during development – I guess after seeing that MK8 didn't help the Wii U sales.

We never got to see a real GamePad usage as it would have been for a real Wii U only version possible...

There's almost nothing going on in the game at all, wouldn't call it the benchmark. Zelda.....or if 2k has all the features will

Preston Scott

NATO said:
fleischr said:

is switch running a resource heavy OS and hardware abstration layer? nope.

Humor me a minute:

Say Steep hits 900p 30fps - same as the Xbox One version. Let's say that's running settings overall on "medium" on PC gives a similar performance profile.

And then Switch version comes along and does 900p 30fps in docked mode. Slightly downgraded textures compared to the X1/PC version, but still pretty similar. 

And you're telling me that comparison tells us nothing about how powerful the system is?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016