By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo just jack up their image with the presentation?

Did the presentation hurt the marketing and hype established by the reveal?

Yes 50 56.82%

No 25 28.41%

See results 13 14.77%

Total:88
Mike321 said:
I feel like that they didn't change the way they presented their new console and games and that's one of the issues I had with the event.

Very true actually. It did feel like another Wii direct. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
vivster said:
I doubt the general public even knew the Switch existed before last week's presentation. And most of them probably don't even know today.

For the general public sure. But what about gamers interested in the switch, I mean if they seen the reveal they probably watched the presentation. That's more who I'm referring to. 

Then the question is pointless.

1. Gamers don't know what they want. Quick to rush to hype and hate. In the end people who were interested in the Switch after the reveal will still buy it eventually. People who won't buy it weren't really interested in it anyway.

2. Nintendo doesn't care if that tiny subset of their demographic buys the Switch or not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
bigtakilla said:

For the general public sure. But what about gamers interested in the switch, I mean if they seen the reveal they probably watched the presentation. That's more who I'm referring to. 

1. Gamers don't know what they want. Quick to rush to hype and hate. In the end people who were interested in the Switch after the reveal will still buy it eventually. People who won't buy it weren't really interested in it anyway.

2. Nintendo doesn't care if that tiny subset of their demographic buys the Switch or not.

That's fine and all. I didn't say it was going to make or break it. I was just mentioning all the praise thrown at this thing from the reveal Was lost with the presentation. I agree that if someone wants it they are gonna buy it.... It's a little hard to see as an impulse buy with the price though, bad move on Nintendos part.

The Suda51 dude's translation was top.

Hey, Nintendo switch is really great for indie developers, so I'm here on stage with nothing to show but to announce I'm working on a title that takes advantage of how great it is for indie developers. It's some kind of wrestling game. Please be excited. Bye!

My 8th gen collection

bigtakilla said:
vivster said:

That's fine and all. I didn't say it was going to make or break it. I was just mentioning all the praise thrown at this thing from the reveal Was lost with the presentation. I agree that if someone wants it they are gonna buy it.... It's a little hard to see as an impulse buy with the price though, bad move on Nintendos part.

All that negativity will vanish pretty quickly once it's released and the naysayers see the sales. Most of them will probably buy the Switch within its first year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
bigtakilla said:

All that negativity will vanish pretty quickly once it's released and the naysayers see the sales. Most of them will probably buy the Switch within its first year.

All the negativity? You have far to much hope for humanity

bigtakilla said:
vivster said:

All the negativity? You have far to much hope for humanity

Well, at least that negativity coming from Nintendo fans. My negativity will never vanish.

Nintendo didn't jack up their reputation, they just acted according to it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Majority of people didn't see the event they would have only seen the trailers and brief information like launch date and that's it. Like someone mentioned earlier the people trying to be loud now will still get it or become more silent over time. The first year line up is still very solid compared to consoles in the recent era and continued solid line ups per year will make it sell regardless of what people say.

You dont understand how marketing works, kids thinks thats cool what young people (20-30 years) think its cool, so basically having young people in marketing instead of kids Nintendo is aiming at kids and adults in same time.

Also most of people (especially kids and casuals didn't watch presentation), but they will of course be very soon aware of Switch marketing campaign.