By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - SuperData: 55m PS4s, 26m Xbones & 15m Wii Us sold

I think that's spot on. It's exactly what I thought the XB1 would be right now.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Probably a bit off. Most likely around 27m.

GribbleGrunger said:

Just wanted to reply to your last thread, why would the XB1 be down 15% YOY when new hardware was launching and with the console up YOY in the US? 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I'm posting again because the duplicate I posted in was closed.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

barneystinson69 said:

Just wanted to reply to your last thread, why would the XB1 be down 15% YOY when new hardware was launching and with the console up YOY in the US? 

I've no idea. All I know is I was talking to a friend the other day and told him I thought the XB1 would be around 26m. I've seen many other people suggesting they thought it was in that ball park too.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yeah, I'm thinking between 26 and 27 million is about right. The PS4 number may be a tad lower, however.

Yeah, the PS4 number is too high IMO too.

The PS5 Exists. 

CGI-Quality said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yeah, I'm thinking between 26 and 27 million is about right. The PS4 number may be a tad lower, however.

Wait are these number end of 2016 or sometime this month? In 2016 the PS4 ended at 53.4 and i doubt it sold 1.6m or even close to that in 2-3 weeks in January.

Considering all the data we've been getting so far, like Sony reporting 53.4 million sold through as of Jan 1st, the leaked photo from the Windows conference showing XB1 at 22m in Sept. and EA stating that PS4 and XB1 should have been hitting around 80 million consoles by the end of the year, it lines up. The gap has more than doubled at this point. 

Time to play catch up, Chartz. :p

barneystinson69 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Simple really, all it takes is it selling less in EU, japan and ROW. The small uptick ithad in YOY sales in the US would make up for that so it would be down YOY globally. I don't know about the 15% though, but its clear the XB1 is only doing well in one market and mostly ok in the UK. 

jason1637 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Wait are these number end of 2016 or sometime this month? In 2016 the PS4 ended at 53.4 and i doubt it sold 1.6m or even close to that in 2-3 weeks in January.

well, from the article.......

...... Sony is dominating with an install base of almost 55 million, and 26 million for Microsoft’s Xbox One.

Emphasis on the ALMOST.