By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who, amongst the people who seriously considered buying the Switch, doesn't like Zelda ?

Do you like Zelda ?

Yes and I'm interested i... 104 49.29%

Yes, but I have no interest in the Switch 38 18.01%

No, but I was interested in the Switch 46 21.80%

No, but I wasn't interested in the Switch 23 10.90%

Total:211
Mystro-Sama said:
Who the fuck is NOT interested in Zelda? Thats just impossible.

Me!  :P

Around the Network

Exactly! That's why Nintendo is full of shit when they said they didn't include a game with the launch bundle because they wanted people to have a choice with their games. There's not a single person who wouldn't have wanted Zelda. I think they made a huge mistake not including it.

I'm getting the Switch day one and the only Zelda I've ever played is OOT, which I didn't enjoy much at all. I'm grabbing it for Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey, as well as Pikmin, Pokemon and any non-Xenoblade RPGs that come along. I'll probably grab Splatoon 2 as well since it's actually having local multiplayer this time.

How could you not like Breath of the Wild, and if you didn't buy Zelda on launch with the switch, what other game would you get, Bomberman R?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I wasnt planning on buying on launch either way, was happy to see xenoblade looks much better.
No interest in zelda
I hope more games like xenoblade come up. Games that i can't buy on my ps4
My ps4 would always be my main system but the switch looks good if it keeps this up

Around the Network
twintail said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I'm not. It's one Nintendo IP I have had little interest in ever playing. 

think-man said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Me!  :P

But how though? :O This is quality gaming. You guys are weird.

Hiku said:
Luke888 said:

Easy question, I want to know who, amongst those of you that SERIOUSLY considered buying the Nintendo Switche BEFORE the presentation, are not interested in Zelda. I ask this to find out what is the percentage of the potential buyers that has a right in complaining the lack of launch titles because imho Nintendo made the right choice leaving Zelda as the only launch title (let's be onest 1-2 Switch is casual rubbish) since it would put in the shadow any other game. Feel free to explain why you're not interested in Zelda, either because it's not your cup of tea or because you don't like the route they took with the lates game or whatever else.

Is that really the right question to ask then?

Because even if you like Zelda, you could get Breath of the Wild on WiiU if you have one, and then wait and see how Switch's library turns out before buying one.

So even Zelda fans can be disappointed in the launch lineup for Switch.

That's why there's a second option in the pool ;)

I'm a big mario fan, so first mario platformers, then mario kart, then probably pilotwings and then Zelda for me. Favourite Zelda is windwaker by a long way. Breath of the wild looks awesome with much of the visual charm of windwaker and have pre-ordered it for wii u.

Mario kart looks pretty much like wii u version so not bothered with that. Really Mario Odyssey is the title that makes me want a Switch.

People know they can buy one later right?? Like if Zelda isnt your thing maybe Splatoon is, or Mario??
In which case buy the console when a game(s) you want to play release on it.
Waiting on the price to drop isnt the only reason why people hold off on console purchases.

I have zero interest in the Switch, at least until Xenoblade 2 arrives. I will buy it then and hope there will be a better version with longer battery life or a console-only stationary version released in-between.

I am interested in Zelda but I do not like Skyrim (played it for 50 hours mostly exploring before I got bored), so I am not sure if Breath of the Wild is for me (but will get it on Wii-U). In my opinion, there was not a single good Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.