By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Switch and the main reasons it will be a flop W.I.P.

Mnementh said:
Nem said:

How you planning to recharge it?

The 3DS has exactly the same range of battery life, 3-6 hours, depending on the game. I recharge my 3DS on the Go with an USB-powerbank and an USB-to-3DS-adapter. Looks like I can do the same with Switch.

The 3DS is much longer than 3 hours. Don't you have one? It would be 3 hours if the battery was spent.

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:
Nem said:

Is that sold seperatly?

Pretty sure

EDIT: It actually does come with the Switch.

http://www.n-europe.com/images/console/Switch/Box_Contents_-_Grey.jpg

Is this the charger you have in mind? Doesn't look USB to me. But if it can connect directly to the pad then it should at least be ok to charge outside.

It'll sell on par with N64 if they don't get the price together, just because Japan and die-hard fans will buy it keeping it afloat. And once the price actually drops to something reasonable like a $199 bundle, then gamers will start buying it as well.

It will sell close to the 3DS if they drop the price early like they did with the 3DS.

Nem said:
Dravenet7 said:

Pretty sure

EDIT: It actually does come with the Switch.

http://www.n-europe.com/images/console/Switch/Box_Contents_-_Grey.jpg

Is this the charger you have in mind? Doesn't look USB to me. But if it can connect directly to the pad then it should at least be ok to charge outside.

What?  How doesn't the AC adapter look like it has a USB at the end?  It looks exactly like one lol.

The 3DS went on to sell over 62 million units despite being incredibly under-powered at launch and being relatively expensive ($250) and it had no noticeable games for like a year. At least the Switch is a very powerful handheld with plenty of interesting games coming during its launch year (Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Fast RMX, Arms, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Skyrim: Special Edition, Super Mario Odyssey and Project Octopath Travel). I'm not going to make a prediction on how it will sell as I can't predict the future, so I'll just wait and see how things go.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

• Overpriced
• Underpowered
• Battery will take more time to charge to play
• Pathetic launch lineup
• Horrendous third party support and the list goes on.

Jesus. I can't believe I was actually excited for this.

Nintendo has great ideas, but they just seem to fumble all the time. Nintendo Switch should have been $199. But they want to include $80 controllers with short lived features and a mess of other aspects that really don't make sense. I used to think the 3DS audience would buy the Switch but now that I know it's well overpriced without a pack in game, this thing might do worse than Wii U. I hope it does flop too. I have one preordered with Zelda and that's all I care about but Nintendo needs to learn that THEY are the ones behind in the industry THEY created.

If Switch does flop, Nintendo still needs to adopt a hybrid system, but don't make it more expensive than it needs to be.

Ljink96 said:
Nintendo has great ideas, but they just seem to fumble all the time. Nintendo Switch should have been $199. But they want to include $80 controllers with short lived features and a mess of other aspects that really don't make sense. I used to think the 3DS audience would buy the Switch but now that I know it's well overpriced without a pack in game, this thing might do worse than Wii U. I hope it does flop too. I have one preordered with Zelda and that's all I care about but Nintendo needs to learn that THEY are the ones behind in the industry THEY created.

If Switch does flop, Nintendo still needs to adopt a hybrid system, but don't make it more expensive than it needs to be.

The PS4 controller costs $64, so at best Nintendo could shave off $15 from the Switch's price. That would make the console cost $285. A $200 Switch would probably be a lot weaker hardware wise. I'll gladly take more powerful hardware then. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Ljink96 said:

The PS4 controller costs $64, so at best Nintendo could shave off $15 from the Switch's price. That would make the console cost $285. A $200 Switch would probably be a lot weaker hardware wise. I'll gladly take more powerful hardware then. 

Do you realise how weak it already is? Nintendo made the mistake of not selling it at a loss. They have much more money than they're willing to spend. Their hubris and greed led to the Wii U's failure, among other things. They're making the same mistake again.

It still doesn't have enough third party support.