By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Pros and Cons

NUser said:
DanneSandin said:

Wasn't the main joke for 2 years about the PS4 that it had no games? 

Sony released the last of us, gran turismo 6, Beyoned two Souls, God of War Ascension all exclusive to the ps3 in 2013 (ps4s launch year).

Itallic: got ported to PS4, further enhencing my argument of PS3 games being ported to the PS4

Instead of delaying those games to boost their new console (what Nintendo did with Zelda, new Retro Studios games and new Mario game), they gave their loyal ps3 fanbase even in the release year of the Ps4 a great lineup.

Credits due where credits due; Sony does support their system really, really well! Much better than Nintendo at the end of their consoles life span.

Also exclusives Ps4 lineup in the first 2 years:

Bloodborne

Killzone Shadowfall

Driveclub

inFamous Second Son

the Order 1886

Knack

You're seriously gonna list 6 (SIX) games that were PS4 exclusives, when you just complained that the Switch had a meager FIRST year (that's ONE year), and it still had more than Sony's first 2 years? I hope that you can list additional exclusive games for PS4 for the first two years, or else you've just shot yourself in the foot, friend. I refuse to believe that PS4 only got 6 games in its first 2 years. Cannot be possible.

DanneSandin said:

I can play most of PS4's games on my PC, can't do that with Nintendo games.

Horizon Zero Dawn Yup, this one I'm interested in

Uncharted 4 Did not enjoy the first two all that much...

Uncharted the Lost Legacy What? What is this game? Never heard of it.

Spiderman PS4 by insomiac Yup, seems legit cool

Final Fantasy 15 Available on XboxOne as well

Red Dead Redemption  Available on XB1

Until Dawn Could be cool I guess...

The Last of Us Part 2 Could be a great game, but I gotta play the first one first

inFamous Second Son Didn't it get the worst review score out of all the three games?

Kingdom Hearts 3 XboxOne

Gran Turismo Sport Is this the next main line GT games, or a spinn off?

Farpoint VR games isn't much of a game; they're more "experiences" than anything else right now. $60 for a 40 minute game? No thanks

Rigs: Mechanized Combat League Never heard of it...

Knack / Knack 2 LOLZ! Keep it!

Ratchet & Clank I've heard it's a good series

Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Collection More ports of old games

God of War 4 First GoW I'm interested in!

Ace Combat 7 Cool I guess...

Destiny Available on 4 consoles

Days Gone More zombies, but it did look pretty cool

Driveclub There's a ton of racing sims out there

Detroid: Become Human Cool if you like walking simulations ;) or interactive movies

The Last Guardian Controlls like shit from what I hear

NioH There will be plenty of niche Japanese games on Switch

Dreams Seems like a weird game

Bloodborne Dark Souls 2.5, right?

Killzone Shadowfall Developed by the same devs as Horizon, and sits on a 73 metascore...

Ill be surprised if you can make such a long list of AA-AAA Nintendo exclusives.

Problem is, you didn't list only exclusives. But you're right, the Switch probably won't get as many AA-AAA "exclusives", but they'll get a ton of exclusives nonetheless, and not "semi-exclusives". Give it 3 years and we can compare which console had the better games at the same tiome in its respective life span.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Airaku said:
DanneSandin said:

The WiiU sold out in the beginning as well, but after all the super hard core Nintendo fans got their console, sales died down, and never really picked up again. So that's a faulty metric to discern how the masses recieved the Switch. I highly doubt that there will be a lot of none-Nintendo core fans getting the Switch the first week or two, after that, we'll see what the masses thinks of the Switch, if they even knows it exists. I think that half the Nintendo fans are loving the Switch, and have pre-ordered it, and the other half is bitching about it, but half of those still have pre-ordered it as well.

Who knows why Nintendo is doing what they're doing? I'm not even sure Nintendo nows half the time. They've shown time and time again that they're not interested in delivering services that most people take for granted these days.

I'm making assumtions because Nintendo refused to address them, so it's only natural that we try to fill in the blanks. The ironic thing is, that you made an assumption in that last sentence. I'm probably going to buy the Switch one day, but as it is right now, there's still a lot of unknown factors left.

Yes I did intentionally make an assumption at the end to top off your assumption. Irony is beautiful isn't it? :P

Anyways I do understand how you feel but keep in mind that the pre-order numbers are at an all time high. We're talking sold out at EB Games and Game Stops at over 80+ per store in some locations. The Wii U did not launch with those numbers. The 2 million day once launch rumored number is looking possible. I think Nintendo has this one on lock down. Things are looking bright in the future and it appears Nintendo actually future proofed the Switch unlike the Wii and Wii U.

Those pre-orders could mean that Nintendo fans are more hyped about this console than they were over the Wii U - or that it's launching with a brand new Zelda. We don't know yet. Pre-orders doesn't tell the whole story. But it's a really good thing that Nintendo future proofed it! Allowing 2TB micro SD's was a smart move

Mummelmann said:

Both the doom squad and the euphoria team need to take a couple of steps back and breathe slowly and lower their pulse a little until we know even more (which it's high time for, so many unanswered questions only a few weeks before launch is unacceptable). The presentation may have won over the die-hard's, but to think that the majority of gamers, not to mention "casuals", are terribly excited at this point is completely unfounded. Even the ones praising it are citing the same issues, these being price and support, first and foremost, so to think that these issues won't cause any problems is downright ludicrous at this point.

THIS!!

Wyrdness said:
Skyrim is the remastered version on a lower setting.

http://gearnuke.com/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-nintendo-switch-vs-pc-comparison-confirms-improved-visuals/

That's great to know! I don't understand why Nintendo or Bethesda wouldn't come out and say so

DanneSandin said:

Itallic: got ported to PS4, further enhencing my argument of PS3 games being ported to the PS4

Yes sure, but still its better then doing it then delaying a game (zelda) to release on both console or even movin a whole big project that was already confirmed for the wii u (retros game, next 3d mario) completly to the new console. 

You're seriously gonna list 6 (SIX) games that were PS4 exclusives, when you just complained that the Switch had a meager FIRST year (that's ONE year), and it still had more than Sony's first 2 years? I hope that you can list additional exclusive games for PS4 for the first two years, or else you've just shot yourself in the foot, friend. I refuse to believe that PS4 only got 6 games in its first 2 years. Cannot be possible.

Dont forget that this 6 games (maybe there are even more I dont know) are the exclusives.Third Party (GTA; Assassins Creed, Battlefield) is there as well. And where does Nintendo have more? 3D mario and Xenoblade 2. Maybe Splatoon 2 (which is probl more a port with new maps and gear then a brand new game) but the rest are ports/remastereds as well or just smaller titles (like Bomberman, 1,2 Switch). Maybe we can count Arms in as well. So its not really "more".

Available on XboxOne as well (So? You still cant play it on your PC. Zelda is on Wii U as well, Mario Kart is, even Splatoon kind of is)

inFamous Second Son Didn't it get the worst review score out of all the three games? Was still a decent game with great graphics for a launch window title

Gran Turismo Sport Is this the next main line GT games, or a spinn off? More a spinoff. Not to bad IMO, the last entries in the series werent that great, so i apprectiate doing something new with a spin off. It has VR support as well.

Farpoint VR games isn't much of a game; they're more "experiences" than anything else right now. $60 for a 40 minute game? No thanks Which VR game is 60$ and lasts 40 minutes? Farpoint is planned to last 4-6 hour. Price is not announced yet.

Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Collection More ports of old games No Ports, remakes. From Scratch. 

Driveclub There's a ton of racing sims out there Its an arcade racer not a sim. And it has the best graphics on any racing game right now (even compared to PC)

Detroid: Become Human Cool if you like walking simulations ;) or interactive movies Some people do, its always nice to have diverstiy

Bloodborne Dark Souls 2.5, right? How is this Dark Souls 2,5 but you consider something like Splatoon 2 as a new game? Bloodborne was amde by a complte different development team then Dark Souls 2 and has different combat system (no shields etc.), different setting, different character and so on

Killzone Shadowfall Developed by the same devs as Horizon, and sits on a 73 metascore... Yeah and Star Fox Zero has a 69, Paper Mario CS 76. Not every exclusive game is 80+. Doesnt mean its not fun playing.

Problem is, you didn't list only exclusives. But you're right, the Switch probably won't get as many AA-AAA "exclusives", but they'll get a ton of exclusives nonetheless, and not "semi-exclusives". Give it 3 years and we can compare which console had the better games at the same tiome in its respective life span.

Its not only about exclusives. You still have all the third party games (Witcher, GTA, Mass Effect and so on) on Ps4 as well. Overall if somebody wants to pick up 1 console, nobody can denie that the PS4 will very likely be the cheaper and just better option in almost every case.

And if your looking for a handheld, I think the 2ds/3ds for 100 bucks is also the better choice, at least for 2017.

Around the Network
NUser said:
DanneSandin said:

Yes sure, but still its better then doing it then delaying a game (zelda) to release on both console or even movin a whole big project that was already confirmed for the wii u (retros game, next 3d mario) completly to the new console. 

I guess, but I'm sure that happens quite a lot.

Dont forget that this 6 games (maybe there are even more I dont know) are the exclusives.Third Party (GTA; Assassins Creed, Battlefield) is there as well. And where does Nintendo have more? 3D mario and Xenoblade 2. Maybe Splatoon 2 (which is probl more a port with new maps and gear then a brand new game) but the rest are ports/remastereds as well or just smaller titles (like Bomberman, 1,2 Switch). Maybe we can count Arms in as well. So its not really "more".

You're still comparing the Switch's FIRST year to PS4's first TWO years, which isn't entirely fair. The Switch almost have as many exclusives in its first year as the PS4 had in its first two years, if this list is correct. I'd say that's a pretty good start in that case. If you have a PC you could play most of those multiplat games. With a PC and a Switch you'd get the PC exclusives and Nintendo's exclusives. That's the best combo there is.

Available on XboxOne as well (So? You still cant play it on your PC. Zelda is on Wii U as well, Mario Kart is, even Splatoon kind of is) But you can't play Xenoblade 2, Arms or Mario Odyssey with your Wii U - and more games are incoming.

inFamous Second Son Didn't it get the worst review score out of all the three games? Was still a decent game with great graphics for a launch window title I guess

Gran Turismo Sport Is this the next main line GT games, or a spinn off? More a spinoff. Not to bad IMO, the last entries in the series werent that great, so i apprectiate doing something new with a spin off. It has VR support as well. Ok, cool

Farpoint VR games isn't much of a game; they're more "experiences" than anything else right now. $60 for a 40 minute game? No thanks Which VR game is 60$ and lasts 40 minutes? Farpoint is planned to last 4-6 hour. Price is not announced yet. I think it was that Batman VR game

Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Collection More ports of old games No Ports, remakes. From Scratch. Oh sorry, the PS4 gets additional remasters, which it's sorely lacking ;) j/k

Driveclub There's a ton of racing sims out there Its an arcade racer not a sim. And it has the best graphics on any racing game right now (even compared to PC) So it looks better than a PC game on ultra high setting? On hardware that's been critizised for being outdated even before it launched? That would make game devs extremely lazy for not making a PC game that looks better.

Detroid: Become Human Cool if you like walking simulations ;) or interactive movies Some people do, its always nice to have diverstiy Agreed

Bloodborne Dark Souls 2.5, right? How is this Dark Souls 2,5 but you consider something like Splatoon 2 as a new game? Bloodborne was amde by a complte different development team then Dark Souls 2 and has different combat system (no shields etc.), different setting, different character and so on I'm only joking, I've heard great things about it

Killzone Shadowfall Developed by the same devs as Horizon, and sits on a 73 metascore... Yeah and Star Fox Zero has a 69, Paper Mario CS 76. Not every exclusive game is 80+. Doesnt mean its not fun playing. I'm pretty sure Star Fox 0 wasn't fun to play though

Its not only about exclusives. You still have all the third party games (Witcher, GTA, Mass Effect and so on) on Ps4 as well. Overall if somebody wants to pick up 1 console, nobody can denie that the PS4 will very likely be the cheaper and just better option in almost every case.

And if your looking for a handheld, I think the 2ds/3ds for 100 bucks is also the better choice, at least for 2017.

Like I said before, having a Switch and a PC covers ALL your bases, even more so than having a PS4 and PC; you cannot get Nintendo like games anywhere else than from a Nintendo console. But I agree that Nintendo needs to get their 3rd party shit together. A PS4 will be cheaper, but it won't be a better option. With the Switch you get the portability of AAA games AND Nintendo's games.

DanneSandin said:

I think it was that Batman VR game That last 1 hour, had replay value with new puzzles and was 20$.

So it looks better than a PC game on ultra high setting? On hardware that's been critizised for being outdated even before it launched? That would make game devs extremely lazy for not making a PC game that looks better.

Well decide yourself I guess

Start 0:41

Like I said before, having a Switch and a PC covers ALL your bases, even more so than having a PS4 and PC; you cannot get Nintendo like games anywhere else than from a Nintendo console. But I agree that Nintendo needs to get their 3rd party shit together. A PS4 will be cheaper, but it won't be a better option. With the Switch you get the portability of AAA games AND Nintendo's games.

I dont think so. Not just games whise. The Ps4 has more games not available on PC then Nintendo consoles had in the past.

Also if you a pc gamer you probl care about graphics and so will like the ps4 better.

The portability is the only reason to pick the switch.

Like I said prior, the first years switch might look better then the first year Ps4, I agree. But that has reasons (PS3 games werent moved to Ps4 but Wii U games were moved to Switch). All in all i prefer sonys tactics to keep support on their old console even if a new one arrives and have some droughts on their new one.

DanneSandin said:
Mummelmann said:

Both the doom squad and the euphoria team need to take a couple of steps back and breathe slowly and lower their pulse a little until we know even more (which it's high time for, so many unanswered questions only a few weeks before launch is unacceptable). The presentation may have won over the die-hard's, but to think that the majority of gamers, not to mention "casuals", are terribly excited at this point is completely unfounded. Even the ones praising it are citing the same issues, these being price and support, first and foremost, so to think that these issues won't cause any problems is downright ludicrous at this point.

THIS!!

Seconded!

As I said in my previous post: There is still quite a bit we dont know, Nintendo themselves have been going out of their way to say again and again that there is still much to talk about, which they should, and soon!

At this point they have emphasized the whole "steady stream of games" versus the smaller launch line-up what feels like a dozen times, so I wouldnt be surprised if they keep quite a bit for E3.

Also many smaller Third-Partys and Indies have just now started to announce that their games are coming to the switch.

Last but not least: remember that List of about 50 devs that are working on Switch Games? The 80 Games in development? There are still many, many blank spots that we have no clue about, so lets all chill a bit and wait what still is in store!

The new guy.

Sorry for possible mistakes, not a native speaker!

For me the biggest pro are the games, especially Zelda BotW, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey. I also like concept of the console. My problem with it is the price...

Oh man, this must be the most hated console I've seen in a while, and not even the Nintendo fans are defending it like with Wii U.

NUser said:
DanneSandin said:

I think it was that Batman VR game That last 1 hour, had replay value with new puzzles and was 20$. LOL! Really?! I either heard of another game or my memory is all fucked up :P

So it looks better than a PC game on ultra high setting? On hardware that's been critizised for being outdated even before it launched? That would make game devs extremely lazy for not making a PC game that looks better.

Well decide yourself I guess

Start 0:41

I'm sorry, I can't really be bothered since I'm not THAT interested =) I hope you enjoy it

I dont think so. Not just games whise. The Ps4 has more games not available on PC then Nintendo consoles had in the past.

Also if you a pc gamer you probl care about graphics and so will like the ps4 better.

The portability is the only reason to pick the switch.

No, the major selling point of the Switch are Nintendo's games, the portability is just a nice bonus. I don't really care about graphics, that's not why I game on PC, it's because of its exclusives - especially the strategy games, and I get all the multiplats I need. Let's see how many Switch games compared to PS4 games that doesn't end up on the PC, and which of those are worthwhile.

Like I said prior, the first years switch might look better then the first year Ps4, I agree. But that has reasons (PS3 games werent moved to Ps4 but Wii U games were moved to Switch). All in all i prefer sonys tactics to keep support on their old console even if a new one arrives and have some droughts on their new one.

I absolutely agree that SOny does a far better job of supporting their consoles in the long run, but I gotta say that Nintendo is handeling the 3DS's retirement pretty well right now.