By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many unannounced Switch games are in active development? Discussion

Ok, so I know everyone loves at least 1 or 2 things that Nintendo announced, but it seems like the majority of people are disappointed by what they show. My own brother in law made a comment that it was way too Japanese centric, which occured to me that makes sense because they are trying to recapture that market. A number of games were announced AFTER the presentation

Anyone have a running list of how many were announced?

The reason I ask is to hopefully encourage the doubter that Nintendo said over 80 games were in active development, yet how many of those 80 were announced? How many will be announced today during the treehouse or possibly during a Nintendo direct prior to March?

Nintendo, unlike Sony and especially Microsoft, don't tend to show off games that are 1-2 years away or ones that excite fans and then never come out. They tend to only show off games if they are launching in the next 6 months or so.

So, does anyone have a number and, what games do you PREDICT are being made from the developers that have either said they are making something or their logo was shown?

Around the Network

I would need to count, but if I had to guess, around 30 were announced.That is why I keep saying that the presentation was too short, and they should have showed a bit more first party titles.Hopefully we get new announcements in a couple hours.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

40-50? we still haven't seen many western dev stuff so im expecting some more announcements.

Dulfite said:

Ok, so I know everyone loves at least 1 or 2 things that Nintendo announced, but it seems like the majority of people are disappointed by what they show. My own brother in law made a comment that it was way too Japanese centric, which occured to me that makes sense because they are trying to recapture that market. A number of games were announced AFTER the presentation

The reason I ask is to hopefully encourage the doubter that Nintendo said over 80 games were in active development, yet how many of those 80 were announced? How many will be announced today during the treehouse or possibly during a Nintendo direct prior to March?

Nintendo, unlike Sony and especially Microsoft, don't tend to show off games that are 1-2 years away or ones that excite fans and then never come out. They tend to only show off games if they are launching in the next 6 months or so.

So, does anyone have a number and, what games do you PREDICT are being made from the developers that have either said they are making something or their logo was shown?

It only took more than 4 years after announcement for the new Zeruda to come out.

Lets not pretend Nintendo wasnt at fault like MS for premature game announcements.

Nintendo did it in Jan 2013 Direct, MS in E3 2014.

There's definitely more games, I mean they didn't even announce the obligatory Ubisoft game! Plus from Nintendo we know Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and a new IP from Retro are in the works. Not sure why they think holding out is a good idea at this point though.

Around the Network
think-man said:
40-50? we still haven't seen many western dev stuff so im expecting some more announcements.

Yeah, I'm actually expecting a lot of under the radar announcements for launch window ports and smaller games before March.  The fact that they didn't properly announce MK8:Deluxe makes me think they might do some kind of software direct before launch so the general public can at least have an idea of what's going to be available on the Switch between launch and E3.

Dulfite said:

This may have been true once upon a time but I don't think it is the case anymore. Then again, with Sony showing games that are 3-4 years off and Microsoft showing games that never even exist, I guess Nintendo is still ahead.

Einsam_Delphin said:
There's definitely more games, I mean they didn't even announce the obligatory Ubisoft game! Plus from Nintendo we know Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and a new IP from Retro are in the works. Not sure why they think holding out is a good idea at this point though.

On their defence, they need to have games to announce throught the year.So holding things back is smart.Having said that, this presentation could have used 2 more Nintendo games.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I withholding my opinion about the reveal because I am waiting for future events to answer your question.

Turkish said:
Dulfite said:

It only took more than 4 years after announcement for the new Zeruda to come out.

Lets not pretend Nintendo wasnt at fault like MS for premature game announcements.

Nintendo did it in Jan 2013 Direct, MS in E3 2014.

"tend" being a key word. Think back on how many wii u games came out shortly after announcing. zelda they did because its freaking zelda and people NEED to know whats going on. Not to mention Zelda had the issue of being worked on when Nintendo was still trying to work out their HD development issues.

Prior to HD, this wasn't an issue with Nintendo that I recall, and has gotten better since (Paper Mario Color Splash, if memory serves me correctly, came out shortly after it was announced).