By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 to sell 72,000,000 by end of 2017

72 sound possible, but some effort. maybe even higher depending on how aggressive they choose to be. And how on schedule they are with their game releases. I am talking horizon bundle, GoW bundle, destiny 2 bundle, COD bundle, SWBF bundle, RDR bundle..... basically, they should do an MS and make a bundle for every major game they release this year. And keep every single bundle at $250. If they can do that then they will hit or pass 72M easy.

70M is a safe bet though.

Around the Network

They're gonna need that UHD player if they want to sell more. Otherwise their marketshare is shrinking as UHD TVs are rising.

gatito said:
They're gonna need that UHD player if they want to sell more. Otherwise their marketshare is shrinking as UHD TVs are rising.

No. Although, on a personal level, I do want it, and acknowledge it would only help. In it's absence, the PS4 is still going to hit the numbers predicted in this thread within reason. Sony doesn't "need" it to sell more though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Yeah, I can see that happening. It's on it's way to breaking 100M. This year, they got a great line-up, both in exclusives and third party offerings.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

70 million is a more realistic target imo, I won't be surprised if it goes down slightly yoy, or remains more or less flat. 72 million would require a yoy increase of about 6-7% or so? Even if it does manage it, that's not exactly massive for consoles, the PS3 had several 10% + years of growth in a row, after all.

OP: Have you given up on the idea that the PS4 will crack the 20 million limit for one CY? I seem to remember us having quite a few discussions on the subject, I was always certain it wouldn't and you were just as certain that I was wrong.

Around the Network

the games are coming but the available customers that haven't purchased a new current gen console is getting smaller. most consoles peak around their 3rd year and i don't think ps4 is going to be any different here. psvr and ps4 pro doesn't appear to be something that will provide a massive mid-gen surge.

i think 2017 will be ps4's peak year. i think next year ps4 will sell around 16.5-17 million putting the end of the year total right around 70 million.

COKTOE said:
Quite reasonable. That's why this thread will only garner moderate attention. :) Needs more flame. And bait.

kitler53 said:
COKTOE said:
Quite reasonable. That's why this thread will only garner moderate attention. :) Needs more flame. And bait.

Only moderate attention.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
kitler53 said:

Only moderate attention.

I hope nobody says anything bad about Xbox. 

71 million.