By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo Switch will have paid online. And it's all your fault.

Tagged games:

Yeah, this ruined for me the entire conference alongside the price.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
sethnintendo said:
So where in the presentation did they mention this? I've only seen a few short videos they posted on the eshop.

Close to the very beginning.

Well looks like I won't be playing online multiplayer on Nintendo systems.  I barely did with the Wii U anyways.  Splatoon 2 can go rot in hell.  That pretty much kills the next Animal Crossing for me also.

Smartphone integration can go fuck itself.

I never used PS+ or Xbox Live services though

:(

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I find PS+ to have really great value. I'd almost subscribe even if it didn't have free online. It's up to Nintendo to come up with a service that is also appealing.

I blame Sega/ MS. Sony held on for 12+ years of free online when its competitors had it. (And of course the gaming division went into massive debt.)

Around the Network

D:

Sorry.

I never paid for online in my entire life, so I don't have any blame in this...

I agree that paying for online is silly, I would never do that, least of all to play console games online multiplayer.

sethnintendo said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Close to the very beginning.

Well looks like I won't be playing online multiplayer on Nintendo systems.  I barely did with the Wii U anyways.  Splatoon 2 can go rot in hell.  That pretty much kills the next Animal Crossing for me also.

Smartphone integration can go fuck itself.

I am pretty sure the social stuff you do in Animal Crossing could be free 

I blame microsoft.

In fact i blame microsoft for most of what's wrong with gaming today,

Hey, don't look at me o_o I don't pay for that, and I won't be paying for it for the Switch too, which sucks! I'll enjoy the free service with Spla2n, while it lasts... after that, I won't be doing online anymore, sadly. Shame on you Nintendo on jumping with the online pay service crap.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread