By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo showed zero graphically-impressive games on the Switch event.

Let's be honest here.

Both version of Zelda BotW looks the same. Splatoon 2 looks like original Splatoon. New Mario is really rough sometimes (New-York parts just ugly), Xenoblade 2 is a step back from XCX, Mario Kart 8 is the same. Shovelware waggle shit in terms of graphics still from wii-era.

No excuse for Nintendo to abandon Wii U two years ago. All the games should be on this console. Wii U can easily run all that stuff.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:

Let's be honest here.

Both version of Zelda BotW looks the same. Splatoon 2 looks like original Splatoon. New Mario is really rough sometimes (New-York parts just ugly), Xenoblade 2 is a step back from XCX, Mario Kart 8 is the same. Shovelware waggle shit in terms of graphics still from wii-era.

No excuse for Nintendo to abandon Wii U two years ago. All the games should be on this console. Wii U can easily run all that stuff.

Nop....

I have to agree with the OP. I thought Xenoblade 2 looks like shit. I definitely won't be getting that over Zelda, Mass Effect: Andromeda, or Horizon: Zero Dawn. The only must buys were Zelda and Mario's Odyssey. The PS4 Pro is a much better value in my eyes. At the price they are asking I was expecting a minim of 60 fps at 1080p. Though the controllers are great though. I'm thinking they have something else in the pipeline that's going to really make this console attractive.

I must be on crazy pills but back in the day, Snes, N64 and Gamecube were graphical beasts. Now 3 consoles into the HD era and theyre struggling to hit 1080p. But hey the gameplay is still solid which is what matters to most.

I 100% disagree. They looked better than Wii U games. Mario looked amazing. Xenoblade 2 might be using UE4 if not it def has better lighting and textures and use of shaders. SMT looked slick. Fast Racing sequel looks a lot cleaner than the Wii U game.

Around the Network

I think the games look fine. Nothing amazing, but good for a handheld.

I don't think the point of the console is to give you excitement because of some 'purdy graphix'. It's to entertain you with games. I wish more developers took this approach and made great games instead of thinking graphics matter. At least then we might actually get some games released instead of waiting years between entries in game series.

Hmm, pie.

Ultra Street Fighter 2 looks better than V.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

I thought Mario and Xenoblade 2 looked better than Wii U games, and Zelda does run at 900p on the Switch (probably has better performance/frame rate possibly too).

So there's that.

But yeah, it's not like a huuuuuuge upgrade on the Wii U.

When did it become a case of Good graphics = Good game, Great graphics = Better game? Since when has society become so shallow that if a game doesn't challenge Uncharted 4 for the top spot in graphics, it is automatically disappointing?

As far as I am concerned the Switch is a completely different beast to the PS4/XBone. I would love to have completely different experiences on the Switch than I have on my other console, without thinking "Man I wished the switch games looked as good as Doom".

Sorry but graphics mean nothing, and the popularity of games like Minecraft proved that years ago.