By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2017 PS4 VS SWITCH.

Which system will sell the most in 2017

Ps4 468 77.87%

Switch 93 15.47%

XBOX!!! 40 6.66%

Total:601
DialgaMarine said:
Flilix said:
PS4 selling better than the Switch in 2017 was to be expected. Switch had an amazing first year, but it wasn't enough to beat a popular console that's in its peak year.

This year however, neither will stand a chance against the AtariBox.

There’s actually no reason to believe 2017 was peak year for PS4. 2018 is seeming more and more likely, especially seeing as it’s already up 500K YoY in just the first month. The exclusives lineup, plus the much better third party lineup, puts PS4 in a position to sell even better this year. 

Not to mention the possible pricedrop to $200.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
Flilix said:
PS4 selling better than the Switch in 2017 was to be expected. Switch had an amazing first year, but it wasn't enough to beat a popular console that's in its peak year.

This year however, neither will stand a chance against the AtariBox.

There’s actually no reason to believe 2017 was peak year for PS4. 2018 is seeming more and more likely, especially seeing as it’s already up 500K YoY in just the first month. The exclusives lineup, plus the much better third party lineup, puts PS4 in a position to sell even better this year. 

Up 500k YoY? Where the hell did you come up with that?

After 5 weeks its up ~150k YOY while being up ~200k in Japan which would mean down ~50k in the West.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

So much for Switch bombing hard, right?

We reap what we sow

John2290 said:
Looks like the ps4 will take top position again this year, the beast just can't be tamed.

I think this year will be very close, both in the 17-18 million range.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Goodnightmoon said:
Something is for sure, Switch will smash Ps4 the next holidays, I predict a ton of saltiness from there.

It started way too early.

For switch winning this holiday, I predict a huge meltdown.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 01 March 2018

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Looks like the ps4 will take top position again this year, the beast just can't be tamed.

It'll be a closer year, but my money's on ps4 again.