By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GDC poll: Only 3% of developers currently developing games for Switch

Don't forget that the 13% not developing are currently thinking about what to develop for Switch.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

so I guess... it's over, we have the poll.

Ljink96 said:
It'll change if Switch takes off. I also assume most of these are indie devs that probably don't have access to Switch Dev kits either.

This is a good point. If 53% are developing for PC, and 38% are developing for Mobile, there could be a misleading skew.

Expected. Smaller devs are interested in smartphones. Plus steam is very popular with all types of developers which reflects the poll.

ktay95 said:
As much as the 3DS and WiiU combined
See guys, imagine those libraries being combined

This is 3rd party though.

Switch 1st and 2nd party will be bigger than the Wii U's because of the combined effect (one console to develope for only).

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
How reliable is this poll? Because I doubt more devs want to develope for VR headsets than XBOne and Switch. Also, are people even developing games for the PSP and the DS anymore (at least Wii gets those Just Dance and music shovelware titles, what do PSP and DS get)?

spoiler, this poll doesn't mean jack shit.

50% more than wiiU!!

Sh1nn loves posting these happy nintendo news! 3% is pretty damn good when considering nintendo is DOOMED :)

tbone51 said:
Sh1nn loves posting these happy nintendo news! 3% is pretty damn good when considering nintendo is DOOMED :)

you think so? I mean the poll is for every console and platform but he mention the switch in the title for the click bait and the reaction? nahh he's not doing that for that.

There are still too many unknowns about the Switch, this is understandable, but it's still paints a grim picture. The Switch is gonna have to amaze to make many of these devs change their minds.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian