By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2016 NPD Thread! The Last Guardian and Dead Rising 4 sales up!

I wish they still listed based on unit sales or getting seperate charts for both would be nice.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

So is this right?

Final Fantasy XV - 986k at retail only (up 19% from FFXIII which did 828.2k in March 2010)

Nevermind FFXIII did 1.322m in March 2010.

PS4 - 1.568m
    Uncharted 4 PS4 Slim 500GB Bundle - 1.2m

Boutros said:
OP updated with all info!

That's AMAZING for FFXV!! It's also pretty incredible to see at #10 in all of 2016. And above Pokémon at that? Well it is based on revenue so FFXV has an edge there but still. I guess digital sales must have been significant.

*puts white knight hat* to be fair, not only is Pokemon $20 cheaper, but for whatever reason NPD divides the Sun & Moon SKUs.

It's still quite impressive for FFXV. It's above Doom!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

He's playing coy with us in terms of HW numbers. Guess we'll never know now.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Boutros said:
OP updated with all info!

That's AMAZING for FFXV!! It's also pretty incredible to see at #10 in all of 2016. And above Pokémon at that? Well it is based on revenue so FFXV has an edge there but still. I guess digital sales must have been significant.

*puts white knight hat* to be fair, not only is Pokemon $20 cheaper, but for whatever reason NPD divides the Sun & Moon SKUs.

It's still quite impressive for FFXV. It's above Doom!

Yeah that's true but Pokémon did 4.5m (with digital sales though) in 2016 so even if you remove digital sales (let's say it puts it at 4m) and divide by two so you have both SKUs separated (2m each) it still amounts to a lot even if it costs 33% less. Also FFXV was discounted a couple of weeks after release at most big retailers so it essentially had the same price as Pokémon for a while.

I mean of course Pokémon did incredible but I think it's more that FFXV way overperformed.

think-man said:
Damn, Final Fantasy beat Pokemon for revenue of 2016 and out of all the top 10 it was out for the shortest amount of time.

Well, aren't Pokemon Sun/Moon split up? The two combined might have gained more revenue than Final Fantasy if they're both close behind Final Fantasy. We don't really know for sure if ffxv gained more revenue than pokemon

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

think-man said:
Damn, Final Fantasy beat Pokemon for revenue of 2016 and out of all the top 10 it was out for the shortest amount of time.

Pokemon digital isnt included and its basically divided by 2. Pokemon is the best selling game of the year (unless COD top it).

I'm glad Final Fantasy 15 sold well.

flashfire926 said:
think-man said:

Well, aren't Pokemon Sun/Moon split up? The two combined might have gained more revenue than Final Fantasy if they're both close behind Final Fantasy. We don't really know for sure if ffxv gained more revenue than pokemon

No I can confirm for sure that Pokémon (combined) had more revenue than FFXV lol