By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 10 years ago today, the iPhone was announced.

The iPhone is 10 years old

Jesus Christ. I'm feeling old already 16 47.06%

That's it? It's felt far longer 3 8.82%

Who cares? Android for the win! 13 38.24%

I still use a flip phone.#Flipphones 2 5.88%

Total:34

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/1/9/14211558/iphone-10-year-anniversary-in-pictures?client=safari

Thats right, it's been 10 years since the announcement of the iPhone. Say what you will about it today, but it really did revolutionize our lives and the way we live it. Happy 10th anniversary, and RIP Steve. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Congrats. Say what you like, but I think the success is well deserved.

Btw, I'm curious to see what they bring this year with iPhone 8 (or whatever it's called)... it might finally convince me to upgrade from my 6s Plus.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

wow i feel so old

Happy Anniversary! While I have been a Samsung whore since the iOS vs android thing started, I always respected Apple for truly revolutionizing the smartphone industry. The amount of things you can do with phones these days is incredible!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

And it ripped off the LG Prada from a year prior but look Apple getting credit for inventing something when they ripped someone off.

I own a 6 dollar cell phone. I don't want anything more than that.

Around the Network

Then Apple became the most valuable company because of this phone.

Proud to be a Californian.

SegataSanshiro said:

And it ripped off the LG Prada from a year prior but look Apple getting credit for inventing something when they ripped someone off.

LOL, no.  http://gizmodo.com/261172/settling-this-iphone-vs-lg-prada-nonsense

I have one. I like it. It's a 6. I'mma get a 7 soon. 16gb is really really crappy for a phone. Least they could do is let us expand its storage x.x

iPhone is still the best smart phone in my opinion. Can't stand android os and windows os is good, but their store is very dry.

One of the quickest ways to date a movie now for me is the proliferation of smart phones in our daily lives. I'd say day to day been as impactful as anything experienced in my lifetime.