By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Blizzard Makes Fun of Consoles in April Fools Joke lol!

Well first of all, WoW coming to consoles is a joke in itself, but just check this out!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/moltencore/

I have to say this is incredibly hilarious, just watch the video.

I wonder how many copies World of Warcraft: The Molten Core would sell?

Edit: Here is the info from blizzards site on it:

Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announces its long-awaited return to console gaming with World of Warcraft: The Molten Core™, a spinoff of the 40-person raid dungeon from its award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), World of Warcraft®. World of Warcraft: The Molten Core will allow players to experience the excitement of the hit raid dungeon in a completely new format, with new challenges and new rewards.

"Blizzard got its start in console gaming, and we've always been excited about returning to this arena," stated Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "Additionally, we've wanted to reintroduce the 40-player raid dungeon experience for some time. With World of Warcraft: The Molten Core, we're able to do both."

World of Warcraft: The Molten Core will include single-player and multiplayer versions, fully loaded with nine different shapes (and possibly colors) representing the current World of Warcraft character classes. A future expansion will introduce a tenth shape, representing the death knight hero class. Blizzard also plans to include a full-featured voice-chat system, as well as a fully customizable user interface that allows players to personalize their joystick button with several different functions. A free attunement cartridge rounds out the offering, providing instant access to the complete World of Warcraft: The Molten Core entertainment experience.

Blizzard's World of Warcraft: The Molten Core Collector's Edition, also announced today, will include tinted cellophane TV overlays, further increasing the array of colors available to players. Additional Collector's Edition features, as well as details on the upcoming World of Warcraft: The Molten Core beta test, will be revealed closer to release. World of Warcraft: The Molten Core will initially be available for the Atari 2600 platform, with plans for additional console systems to be announced in the near future.

For more information on World of Warcraft: The Molten Core, please visit Blizzard Entertainment's official website at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/moltencore.

PC Gamer
Around the Network

BEST GAME EVER! lol

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Blizzard put a lot of effort in this year, Tauren in Starcraft, Bard in Wow and this, if this came out back on the spectrum or atari i think this game would of kicked arse.

Blizzard have one heck of a sense of humor.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

wow, that's just mean. :)

Around the Network

I loved there concept ==> screenshot bits:

ConceptScreenshot

To Each Man, Responsibility

I can't believe you have a John McCain banner in your signature, original poster.........

Nice April Fools though!

mrmoney said:

I can't believe you have a John McCain banner in your signature, original poster.........

Nice April Fools though!

Whats so hard to believe about that?

Someone hosts the image, he puts it in his profile under signature and wham you have a John McCain signature!  I can show you how to do it if you want? 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Blizzard is always best on jokes.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

I love Blizzard!