By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Little disapointed with Uncharted 4 ( some spoilers ) review.

d21lewis said:
spemanig said:

I don't know what you expected "next gen hardware" would do to make combat better or different. More power isn't going to fundementally improve or change standard cover shooting. Or did you expect "next gen hardware" to mean less talking and more shooting? I don't understand.

Whenever new hardware comes out, you imagine (well, maybe not you personally) everything being taken to the next level. Gameplay, innovation, graphics, drama. Yeah, maybe it's not a fair expectation but isn't that why we buy new hardware? Look at something like the Metal Gear series. From hardware to hardware, the envelope was constantly pushed harder and harder.

Only ro a reasonable extent. Mechanics are not something that is effected by increased power. Better graphics, better performance, better physics, better AI, larger worlds, etc are.

Nothing about the MGS games mechanics changed because of more power. If someone wanted to demake MGSV on PS2 hardware, they would be able to preserve most of it from a gameplay perspective. The areas would be smaller and there would be less NPCs. That's it. None of that was changed because of better hardware.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I actually didn't mind "The Twelve Towers" or "At Sea" -- especially as the latter reminded me of the motorboat sequence in Skyward Sword. Exploring and puzzle-solving was, for me, a nice break from fighting. 

The chapter that bothered me more was "The Brothers Drake." It's basically an entire chapter of exposition. From a gameplay perspective it brings nothing new or exciting to the table.

That chapter was too damn long.

That was probably my favorite chapter. Different strokes, I guess.

spemanig said:
d21lewis said:

Whenever new hardware comes out, you imagine (well, maybe not you personally) everything being taken to the next level. Gameplay, innovation, graphics, drama. Yeah, maybe it's not a fair expectation but isn't that why we buy new hardware? Look at something like the Metal Gear series. From hardware to hardware, the envelope was constantly pushed harder and harder.

Only ro a reasonable extent. Mechanics are not something that is effected by increased power. Better graphics, better performance, better physics, better AI, larger worlds, etc are.

Nothing about the MGS games mechanics changed because of more power. If someone wanted to demake MGSV on PS2 hardware, they would be able to preserve most of it from a gameplay perspective. The areas would be smaller and there would be less NPCs. That's it. None of that was changed because of better hardware.

Fair enough. This isn't an argument I'm really invested in so I'll just agree with you.

i agree, the exploring bits were stretched out a bit too long. but the gunplay and gameplay was fantastic, so was the level desgin. it also had a little less set pieces than i would have liked, but the amazing gunplay and gameplay made up for that. the driving sections got boring, but the story was great, and the story of the treasure and the city was great as well.

i liked the final boss fight, finally a decent boss fight in uncharted.

personally i liked the no supernatural elements in the game. i prefer it that way

as for nadine i loved her, such a great character. im super excited for her and chloe in the lost legacy.

Uncharted 4 felt like an average action game with top notch graphics and story telling.

Frankly, I felt Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us were a slog but I still appreciate those games for what they do with story and presentation.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

You bought a product made by Sony, of course you're disappointed.

Pre-order that Switch now.

I though the strong female character kicking your ass was awesome and the boss battle was cool.

I also agree that it was different that we were not fighting some mythical beings again as by Uncharted 3 it was getting stale.

I think Uncharted 2 will remain the Gold Standard as that game is likely one of the best ever and its very very hard to repeat that.

I agree about Nadine .. seriously ND wtf were you thinking ?? you have one of the most stupid and boring fights ever put in a video game with her where you can't do anything except get your ass kicked, they could have made it into a real boss fights with two outcomes one where you can win with your own skill other if you lose and Nadine kicks you out of the window or something how awesome would that be right ?? But nooo it had to a boring on rails fight where you always have to lose -.- she should have died at the end that would make everything better.

And i disagree about the boss fight with Rafe it was awesome stuff and definitely the best boss fight in the series.
I also agree about the shootouts there should have been more.

Nadine looked quite fit and strong.

Realistically I dont see how Nathan could have kicked her ass ^^^ lol

But Nathan has fingers of steel

The problem is that the exploration parts are useless.

If you're going to have exploring be a major prt of the game, there needs to be some reward beyond simply finding the next part of the game. New items or weapons or abilities or currency or whatever it is.

In Uncharted 4 there's really nothing worth finding. There are little trinkets that can be used for bonuses later, but the reward isn't immediate enough, and I've never actually felt like playing through the single player in Uncharted a second time.

The exploring was fun at first, but after an hour or two, I just wished I was just bored until the shootouts.