Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

Jumpin said:

Kan jag maka der post titlar på svenska? Ör ist svenska cönsidera ett "foul language?" SVENSKAR!!!!!!!!
(Can I make a post title in Swedish? Or is Swedish considered a foul language? Sweeeedish!)

Under Heading 4, section A, subsection 6:
4. THREAD CREATION
A) Thread Titles:
6. Should not include inappropriate/foul language.

quite sure the offical language of sweden is arabic these days

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Jumpin said:

Kan jag maka der post titlar på svenska? Ör ist svenska cönsidera ett "foul language?" SVENSKAR!!!!!!!!
(Can I make a post title in Swedish? Or is Swedish considered a foul language? Sweeeedish!)

Under Heading 4, section A, subsection 6:
4. THREAD CREATION
A) Thread Titles:
6. Should not include inappropriate/foul language.

quite sure the offical language of sweden is arabic these days

It’s not.

For a brand new user, a warning with directions to the forum rules would have been sufficient. And as I mentioned in the thread, it made me laugh. It was more due to the juxtaposition of Thanos with the almost simian, dare I say, stupid looking, face of the Halo alien than it was due to console wars. I get why Xbox fans or even neutral observers would report it though. Absolutely. As it is, I hope the new member that was banned will return. Site needs more PS fans. I feel bad for making this post, because I have lovely members to respond to, and might not get a chance to today. Person. Woman. Man. Camera.......TV!

Chinese food for breakfast

COKTOE said:
For a brand new user, a warning with directions to the forum rules would have been sufficient. And as I mentioned in the thread, it made me laugh. It was more due to the juxtaposition of Thanos with the almost simian, dare I say, stupid looking, face of the Halo alien than it was due to console wars. I get why Xbox fans or even neutral observers would report it though. Absolutely. As it is, I hope the new member that was banned will return. Site needs more PS fans. I feel bad for making this post, because I have lovely members to respond to, and might not get a chance to today. Person. Woman. Man. Camera.......TV!

I would say there are too few xbox fans here. Probably because of those memes and downvotes they get on news comments.

COKTOE said:

trust me it was trolling

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Stellar_Fungk said:
COKTOE said:

I would say there are too few xbox fans here. Probably because of those memes and downvotes they get on news comments.

Was being sarcastic. I'm well aware of the site demographics.

kirby007 said:
COKTOE said:

trust me it was trolling

To be fair, I never said he wasn't trolling. Inclined to agree with you.

COKTOE said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

Oh I see. I’m not that good at spotting irony and sarcasm.

Stellar_Fungk said:
COKTOE said:

trust me noone does when responding towards a written post

kirby007 said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

trust me noone does when responding towards a written post

True

COKTOE said:

I should add too, I can see why it was handled as it was. Just felt it may have been a tad harsh. 🦄