By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
outlawauron said:
Honestly, I found a lot of the complaints about it being hard to be a moderator to be pretty silly. After reading this page, I now understand. I couldn't do this job.

The job would probably be easier without angry note takers.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Are the angry note takers the problem? Or those that ignore them bc oh its that guy again

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Are the angry note takers the problem? Or those that ignore them bc oh its that guy again

And you never thought to ask why they think that? You don't think there's context behind why they might roll their eyes when they see reports from certain users?

Azuren said:
kirby007 said:

And you never thought to ask why they think that? You don't think there's context behind why they might roll their eyes when they see reports from certain users?

I know why which is why im making this remark. But il l explain it for you. It is very easy getting contend and lax and hook up with only likeminded people and wont hear or ignore the other party. Now i wont call it a circlejerk but it isnt far from it. As an example just take a look at what bristow did last night. Did he left me any option to open a dialog? Nope i got oppressed harder then a shoesales man

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bristow9091 said:
kirby007 said:

I know why which is why im making this remark. But il l explain it for you. It is very easy getting contend and lax and hook up with only likeminded people and wont hear or ignore the other party. Now i wont call it a circlejerk but it isnt far from it. As an example just take a look at what bristow did last night. Did he left me any option to open a dialog? Nope i got oppressed harder then a shoesales man

Getting joke kicked from discord a few times is hardly being oppressed, lol 

Especially when it's not locked or invite only. 

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Azuren said:

If you think the mod team is all like-minded, then I'd just have to say you don't really know anyone on the mod team. They're a racist short of representing every view expressed on this site between the lot of them. When they all agree that particular users don't usually bring anything worthwhile to the table, it's not because they were sitting in an echo chamber agreeing on everything. It's because those users don't usually bring a lot to the table.

Azuren said:
kirby007 said:

If you think the mod team is all like-minded, then I'd just have to say you don't really know anyone on the mod team. They're a racist short of representing every view expressed on this site between the lot of them. When they all agree that particular users don't usually bring anything worthwhile to the table, it's not because they were sitting in an echo chamber agreeing on everything. It's because those users don't usually bring a lot to the table.

Did you had to post that dig in the end? Could get 99% of the forum offended

Ka-pi96 said:
Azuren said:

I hope that isn't the only view that's not represented on the team :O

I'm sure there are plenty of things not represented. I was being hyperbolic.

After the last couple of days I wouldn't blame you, we had a brief respite and now it might be kicking off again.

outlawauron said:
Honestly, I found a lot of the complaints about it being hard to be a moderator to be pretty silly. After reading this page, I now understand. I couldn't do this job.

It pays well though. So that's a bonus.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 05 June 2018

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--