By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
vivster said:

I know I've already placed a report and other users have commented on this but.... any comments from the mod team on this?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8806823

Wow :O 

I don’t even wanna know what that was about. Sounds bad whatever it was. 

Around the Network

Seems like he's in a foul mood because of the spam perv so poking the bear wouldn't be wise.

Aeolus451 said:
Seems like he's in a foul mood because of the spam perv so poking the bear wouldn't be wise.

Last time I checked "foul mood" isn't really an excuse for anything.

I also find it concerning that he calls patching security flaws of the site to defend against such attacks "a complete WASTE of fucking time". What other security and anti spam measures are being held back because they're considered not worth implementing?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Aeolus451 said:

I also find it concerning that he calls patching security flaws of the site to defend against such attacks "a complete WASTE of fucking time". What other security and anti spam measures are being held back because they're considered not worth implementing?

The person who was spamming created alot of additional work for them that is a waste of time since it's additional work that wouldn't of happened otherwise. It's interfering with what he would have been working on. This is sort of an extraordinary situation because the spammer is going through some trouble to cause this much mischief. I don't care about the accusation so much because somebody in the forum is doing this to troll so it's not wise to poke at talon or the mods over this for lols. I wouldn't be surprised that anyone who's enjoying this or acting weird is being looked at.

Aeolus451 said:
vivster said:

The person who was spamming created alot of additional work for them that is a waste of time since it's additional work that wouldn't of happened otherwise. It's interfering with what he would have been working on. This is sort of an extraordinary situation because the spammer is going through some trouble to cause this much mischief. I don't care about the accusation so much because somebody in the forum is doing this to troll so it's not wise to poke at talon or the mods over this for lols. I wouldn't be surprised that anyone who's enjoying this or acting weird is being looked at.

This isn't new though. This sort of spamming happened way back months ago, maybe even more than that. I could tell you when it started exactly but someone deleted my inbox. Maybe it wouldn't have happened in this magnitude if something had been done at the first sight of those spammers.

Anyway, I'm not trying to knock what Talon did and I'm grateful that this shit is finally stopped. I'm just lamenting the way he's handling other users on this site. Again.

I mean we just had a big discussion how inexcusable it is to attack other users no matter what they did. And that the mature way is to report the user and not go on tirades or threaten or backseat moderate.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Aeolus451 said:

This isn't new though. This sort of spamming happened way back months ago, maybe even more than that. I could tell you when it started exactly but someone deleted my inbox. Maybe it wouldn't have happened in this magnitude if something had been done at the first sight of those spammers.

Anyway, I'm not trying to knock what Talon did and I'm grateful that this shit is finally stopped. I'm just lamenting the way he's handling other users on this site. Again.

I mean we just had a big discussion how inexcusable it is to attack other users no matter what they did. And that the mature way is to report the user and not go on tirades or threaten or backseat moderate.

Okay, lets follow this to its natural conclusion. Are we gonna give talon a ban over this? No. Why? Because he fixes shit and implements improvements. Talon is not a normal user and he doesn't normally accuse people or cause mischief. Talon volunteers to help the site in a significant way. If he keeps accusing people out in the open then he should provide proof or be quiet about his suspicions or not lash out. Why would someone think it's a good time to mess with him at this time is a good idea is beyond me.

Aeolus451 said:
vivster said:

Okay, lets follow this to its natural conclusion. Are we gonna give talon a ban over this? No. Why? Because he fixes shit and implements improvements. Talon is not a normal user and he doesn't normally accuse people or cause mischief. Talon volunteers to help the site in a significant way. If he keeps accusing people out in the open then he should provide proof or be quiet about his suspicions or not lash out. Why would someone think it's a good time to mess with him at this time is a good idea is beyond me.

I doubt there is any malice here. It's just 2 people who don't know when to shut up and leave something to rest. They're both at fault obviously.

I'm not calling for a ban but for basic civility here. We can talk all day how mods should handle difficult people and how users should react to problem users but it's all going down the drain if even the staff cannot adhere to the most basic rules of civility and common decency.

The biggest problem for me here is that this is NOT a singular case. You might say Talon is a repeat offender for railing against other users and there should be at least some kind of consequences. In what form they'll follow is up to the mods and staff but just ignoring cases like this should not be the way to go.

Ha you have never seen ioi respond to users did you?
This is mild stuff, talon did not insult or what so over he merely posted his suspicion

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:
Ha you have never seen ioi respond to users did you?
This is mild stuff, talon did not insult or what so over he merely posted his suspicion

It was funny when he banned bralod for "being annoying"

Well that is true isnt it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

vivster said:
Aeolus451 said:

I doubt there is any malice here. It's just 2 people who don't know when to shut up and leave something to rest. They're both at fault obviously.

I'm not calling for a ban but for basic civility here. We can talk all day how mods should handle difficult people and how users should react to problem users but it's all going down the drain if even the staff cannot adhere to the most basic rules of civility and common decency.

The biggest problem for me here is that this is NOT a singular case. You might say Talon is a repeat offender for railing against other users and there should be at least some kind of consequences. In what form they'll follow is up to the mods and staff but just ignoring cases like this should not be the way to go.

Hey, I have an idea:

Let's all have an agenda against the one person working (for free) to better this website we all use. Nevermind him constantly giving up his own free time to do this rather than play games, nevermind the stress it puts on him; his frustration is unacceptable and we should ban him.

... Wait, that's a really stupid idea.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames