By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever felt like you had an unfair advantage in an online game?

Overwatch...... Not sure if they fixed it but they matched you with already good players.........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

In Street Fighter V online occasionally I will find myself fighting against someone who is just standing there not pressing any buttons as if there was no one playing on the other end. I try to finish those people off as quick as possible before they start fighting :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Yes, when I picked Cloud in Smash 4 online.

I have a few times with SPlatoon and Smash. There were times where the opponents in SPlatoon only had 3 members, while we had 4. It feels unfair, but.. what can you do? Just take it, haha.

Also, sometimes in Smash my opponent will have worse lag than I, so it usually results in an easy win for me. I'll take those wins I guess, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Yea, whenever I played against Vivster, Ktay or Teeqoz in Rocket League

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

Yeah, kind of. I cheated in Ragnarok Online. Not technically, it was an exploit that wasn't patched and had been in the game forever and there was no penalty for doing it, but it wasn't something 95% of players had access to. Basically, there was a boss who summoned a ton of lesser mobs. You'd heal him, keep him on the tank, and kill everything he summoned. Big guilds would do this for days at a time. Put a lower level character in the party and they could level up in no time at all.

With that, I got a second knight to level 99, which was no big deal, but I also got a Vitality Alchemist to level 90+, which was a big deal at the time, because they were nearly impossible to level up otherwise when all your points were going into defense. Anyway, with her potion ability, he was nearly unkillable in guild battles while using an acid ability that broke armor. I used to get hate messages over it, which was pretty cool.

I remember one game in competitive Overwatch, after the first round in Lijang Tower, someone just disconnected and had a Hanzo barely do anything.

After capping the second point, everyone on the opposing team left except for one, and at that point we were messing around.

I felt bad for the other guy, cause there's obviously no way he can win a 1v6, but it's kinda funny if you ask me.

I win is a win I guess.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Bristow9091 said:
MTZehvor said:
Yes, when I picked Cloud in Smash 4 online.

How is this considered an unfair advantage? Care to elaborate? :P

(The joke is that Cloud is broken)

I used to always feel like I was cheating when I used Ryu, Ken, or Blanka on SFIV. I'd choose characters like Fri Long or Cammy.

Now I actually suck with Shoto characters.

Every time I start up RL everyone else is just worse than me. Sometimes it's hard to take killing all these scrubs. But then I remember it's their fault for being matched against me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.