By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So me and my GF broke up after 3 years...

So what do you think of my decision to be like barney...

Great choice man, I mean you're only 26 :) 32 35.16%

WTF is your problem man? 20 21.98%

Alright I guess? 39 42.86%

Total:91

Yes, this was a real girlfriend, and no, I'm not running into bars and screaming at the top of my lungs that I'm single again like Barney would. Now let me get into this.

3 years ago, I met this girl at a party. I was 23 years old, not realling looking for anything serious, and I will admit I just wanted to hook up with chicks and continue that life till I was 40. I also regularly trolled on forums, and I will admit when I first joined vgchartz, I planned on being banned within 60 days (of course, I came to love this community, and would never consider doing that again). Of course, 26 year old (nearly 27) me realized that is rediculous, I mean I've already toned myself back already. But I met this girl, andlong story short we started to like each other, and things got serious. She moved in last year, we even for a time joked about one day having kids, and I will admit she and I may not have necessarly tried to prevent that. So things where great, till around 6 months ago. We found out that she was infertile, and that she could probably never have kids. I honestly didn't care about that, I mean I didn't want kids right now, and there are plenty of others available.  Now I'm not going to go into significant details of how things degrated from there, but I think this was far more devistating to her than it was to me. We started fighting all the time about where we were going, and she started to even dig into my hobby of video games, and how I'm too pre-occupied with gaming and how I should play yes (yes, she just insulted all of us). Things where bad, and when we were on vacation in November, things where just really bad. We were always doing our own thing, we never slept in the same bed, it was clear the relationship was coming to an end.

Now I remember last month when going to San Diego that people told me I should go home from that conference because of that flight issue, but to be honest I didn't want to go home. I had 4 days by myself in the nice marriot hotel in downtown San Diego, and I just felt like I was free. At that point, I knew that this relationship needed to end. If things are going bad for both of us, there is no point in keeping the relationship going. 

So over the past few days, I've tried to get this out to my GF, and ultimately have been trying to avoid vgchartz till I final,y when through with it. I finally got to talk to her about this last night, and after long hours of talking, we ultimately both decided that this relationship isn't working, and that it was time to end things. We ultimately ended up on good terms, she's moving out and planning to stay with a friend till she can find a place, and I mean thats about that for this chapter of my life. But I also think to myself, I'm going to be 30 in 3 years. And by then, there is no way I want to always be out there, but I'm still only 26, I mean Ted Mosby was 26 when HIMYM started, and there is no way it'll take me 8 years to find somebody for me. So you know what, I think I will give myself a "barney year". Till I am 28 years old, all I will try to do is go for one night stands with other people, and only sleep with women once. I know that may sound sad for some, but damn it the 23 year old in me would want it! And no, I am not joking, damn it why do you think I still have him on my avatar! Anyway, thats all I have to say.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Could a mod move this to the general discussion please?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Nobody cares about your life story. What we would like to know is why you posted your sob story on the gaming discussion when it has nothing to do with games.

Ventura said:
Nobody cares about your life story. What we would like to know is why you posted your sob story on the gaming discussion when it has nothing to do with games.

Why did you post here then, and also I am requesting a mod to move this to the general discussion.

It happens, but you should never try to emulate a fictional character. It isn't healthy.

Also based on your responses so far, and the past on this site, don't listen to majority of the users. 

Around the Network

You should've dumped her when u found out she was barren. if she can't have kids, she's not a real woman.

User was banned for this and other posts here ~StarOcean

Acevil said:
It happens, but you should never try to emulate a fictional character. It isn't healthy.

I know, but to be honest, I kind of want to try this. Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself with the year thing, but maybe just till I get over this. I mean I'm still young, and there is plenty of time to find the right person for me. 

TheGreatOther said:
You should've dumped her when u found out she was barren. if she can't have kids, she's not a real woman.

Kids weren't a big concern for me, and I know there are plenty of other options out there if we ever would want kids. 

barneystinson69 said:
Acevil said:

I know, but to be honest, I kind of want to try this. Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself with the year thing, but maybe just till I get over this. I mean I'm still young, and there is plenty of time to find the right person for me. 

I don't mean to say don't go out and have fun, but honestly Barney's life was pathetic, just dip your toes, quick dates, find people you like, discover yourself. 

Acevil said:
barneystinson69 said:

I don't mean to say don't go out and have fun, but honestly Barney's life was pathetic, just dip your toes, quick dates, find people you like, discover yourself. 

I guess your right. I mean we'll see, I sometimes say I'll do things but never end up doing them. I guess thats just my mentality when this sort of thing happens.