By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Scorpio own the PS4Pro in EVERY hardware category?

aLkaLiNE said:

Ok ok ok. You are absolutely welcome to tally up the list or find an objectively better one, I would welcome it actually. As it stands right now though, both my sources are straight from the platform holder. I would like to see where there are hundreds of bundles on the Ps4 store though. Also why would arcade games be off the table? Because by that standard, so should all Remasters as well which would then include things like gears of war ultimate edition, halo mcc, castle crashers remastered... And so on. 

Do it yourself. YOU are trying to prove that there are soo many good PS4 games that can't be played on Xbox One. I don't care either way, since I have both PS4 and XBO.

Around the Network
Conina said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Ok ok ok. You are absolutely welcome to tally up the list or find an objectively better one, I would welcome it actually. As it stands right now though, both my sources are straight from the platform holder. I would like to see where there are hundreds of bundles on the Ps4 store though. Also why would arcade games be off the table? Because by that standard, so should all Remasters as well which would then include things like gears of war ultimate edition, halo mcc, castle crashers remastered... And so on. 

Do it yourself. YOU are trying to prove that there are soo many good PS4 games that can't be played on Xbox One. I don't care either way, since I have both PS4 and XBO.

I would say I've provided far more proof against them sharing 95% of the same library than those that contend.

But also ~ where are these hundreds of bundles located in the list I provided for Sony 

and

Why can we not count arcade games as part of play stations library. And just as importantly, why would we not count those but then count Remasters available on Xbox?

There might be a few bundles or duplicates in the ms or Sony list but not any significant or meaningful number that would have any more than a ~5% impact on the spread. I'm not sure why it should be news OR surprising that there are significantly more titles available on a console that has a 2:1 install base of its closest competitor. 

I didn't go through all of the replies, just a couple of pages; hopefully I'm not repeating something people have already said and discussed to death; nevertheless here are my 2 cents:

I don't really see these 1.5 version consoles being able to play at 4k with a fluid 45~60fps. It's going to take a different generation to see that, and maybe it will be 4k at a constant rate of 30fps. The tech is not mainstream enough to be cost effective for either Microsoft or Sony.

It makes better business sense to wait, but because of competition, a business must be savvy and offer some type of alternative to satisfy the demand; enter the upscale resolution. The 1080p/60fps bar with full bells and whistles needs to be met first, and I think this is what both companies are trying to provide. The rest of the transistor count is just for show.

I did not buy a PS4.5 nor will I buy one. I just went logical on these companies. I'm going to buy what works, and not hand them any more of my money for gimmicks. Its the same thing I did for my TV. I bought the best 1080p 120hz TV for the price (under 1k), and I'm gonna skip the stupid HDR crap and wait for Oled to come down in price.

DraconianAC said:
I didn't go through all of the replies, just a couple of pages; hopefully I'm not repeating something people have already said and discussed to death

I'm gonna skip the stupid HDR crap.

Don't worry that's all I do on this site, I run into threads without reading anything all the time.

And nooooooo! HDR is really good! It's not stupid at all. T_T

Dark_Feanor said:

The point is that library size doesent seem very important outside a forum duscution.

It's important because if you're a gamer who's interested in anything but major western AAA games there's one system that is at an enormous disadvantage when compared to another. 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Conina said:

There are neither over 900 different XBO games in the Xbox marketplace nor over 1400 different PS4 games in the PS Store. Both digital stores have a lot of duplicates in these numbers (standard edition, day1 edition, deluxe edition, ultimate edition...). The PS Store additionally has hundreds of game bundles (2 or more games bundled together, game + dlc bundled together...). Also this stuff:

This way of comparing the game libraries is very flawed.

So unless you clean up both lists of duplicates and emulated arcade games and show us proper lists of PS4 games that aren't on Xbox, it is not very helpful.

Wow there are a ton of those Arcade Archive games. Over 60.

But I think you're missing the huge effect some games in this list of over 1,400 PS4 games has on sales. I mean, where would PS4 stand without "Call of Duty Endowment"? Would we have even seen a PS4Pro if not for "Battleborn Open Beta"? What about the "World War Toons" beta? I like "Zombie Campaign DLC", which is listed as its own game but is actually DLC for a different game. You don't think "Uno Trial" added to some of the PS4 sales? Well, I doubt you could say that about "Headset Companion" with a straight face.

Also, if this PS4 list includes these PS2/3 classics you can rebuy for PS4, surely we should include the hundreds of BC games you can buy on the Xbox store that aren't on this list of games? Surely that gets us closer to this 95% number, people.

Really doesn't matter, they've lost this gen regardless.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Also, if this PS4 list includes these PS2/3 classics you can rebuy for PS4, surely we should include the hundreds of BC games you can buy on the Xbox store that aren't on this list of games? Surely that gets us closer to this 95% number, people.

Yeah, using the stores list of games is a bit silly, especially when there's a perfectly good list on Wikipedia that doesn't include ps2 games, beta's, demo's, arcade etc.

Xbox One - 993

PS4 - 1295

Barkley said:

DraconianAC said:
I didn't go through all of the replies, just a couple of pages; hopefully I'm not repeating something people have already said and discussed to death

I'm gonna skip the stupid HDR crap.

Don't worry that's all I do on this site, I run into threads without reading anything all the time.

And nooooooo! HDR is really good! It's not stupid at all. T_T

I'm sorry, please don't take it in a wrong way; if you use it all the time, and you love it, please feel free to ignore my opinion. I'm just pretty sure there is not enough content out there to warrant the purchase for me. I mean, our live tv is still brodcasting at 720p here in Southern California. I have to watch Netflix, or a blu-ray to get the most out of my HD tv.

So I'm applying the same logic to consoles. I bought a PS4 thinking it would be "top dog" for 7 years because of the longevity of the PS3. How wrong was I. I don't think the console manufacturers took into account all the physics that game developers were going to pack into the 8th gen games, which makes it harder to meet the 1080p/60fps standard(The Bar). And now that 1.5 8th gen consoles are out, I just don't see the need to buy them. They will not do 4k right, I think they are just a place holder until it becomes cost effective to produce a 4k 30fps console.

For those people buying their first Xbox or PS4, they should totally get the pro or scorpion (whatever the hell they are called). They will be the true versions of the 8th generation console that can play the AAA titles at 1080p/60fps with all the bells and whistles. As for me, I'm going to wait for the OLED. =P

Conina said:
aLkaLiNE said:

I didn't see a claim of one platform being better than the one, just that the 95% shared library is false... I doubt that even if we remove all duplicates, bundles, remasters, bundles, etc the list would be something like PS4 and Xbox around 1000 total games with 25 exclusives each (that would be the 5% difference equaly distributed)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."