By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think I know what's going on with the Zelda: Breath of the Wild release date

melbye said:
vivster said:

Why would the Japanese localization impact the European localization in any way? Can't it just be that the European version takes longer due to scheduling issues with Nintendo or the European partners?

Or are you saying they should hold back the finished localizations in favor of a simultaneous release?

What they should do is release the english version first then the waste of time editions when they are ready

That's also racist.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
melbye said:

What they should do is release the english version first then the waste of time editions when they are ready

That's also racist.

Guess i am racist then.

mZuzek said:
It's what I've been hoping for since the June rumours started (those being based on the UK).

I'm not proud of it, though. I can't imagine how awful it would be for Europeans to have to wait 3 months while the rest of the world is enjoying the game.

If the rumors about region free are true we might not have to wait.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mar1217 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You`re Canadian right? I dare you to say that to a French Canadian

Here I am :D

I heard French Canadians are just a myth made up by French Canadians.

Captain_Yuri said:

Meh I doubt that. Zelda isn't a great seller in Japan compared to NA/EU so putting priority on the Japanese version isn't a good move. While I could understand pushing the switch in Japan more cause of its portability, Zelda is not the game to do it imo and I think they should know this by now.

I think it is just the typical sitution of people being wrong which that chick has been before. I think she will also get at least one more wrong but we will see. So far, its best to only trust Eurogamer/DF with leaks and the rest should be taken with giant grains of salt. (If you are gonna trust rumors/leaks to begin with that is)

It not being a good move doesn't mean it isn't a Nintendo move.

I can believe this. But liiiiiiike we'll know in a few days anyway.

Around the Network

How do you like us yanks now!!! Excuse me...

In all seriousness, usually it's the other way around for dubs though. I'd think that the dub would be recorded in Europe first and the same dub would be used in the US version. Sorta like Xenoblade. But as you said, the actual translations could pose a threat to release as words used in America could mean something offending in UK/England. Who knows really, maybe i has to do with...BREXIT!!!

I don't think so, if they want to launch Zelda as a launch title, leaving it later for Europe is just a dumb idea that can hurt initial Switch sales

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I don't want voice acting in this game. Please keep it text-only.

These few spoken lines don't need a voice acting in several language. They could stay in english and nobody would care.

I know they're already extremely incompetent with how this game is taking 6 years, but surely they're not that incompetent to not have a simultaneous release ready after all this time.