By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I think I know what's going on with the Zelda: Breath of the Wild release date

Laura Kate Dale reported yesterday that one of her sources from NoA told her that BotW would be available at launch, previously she always backed up Emily Rogers who said the game wouldn't be ready for launch because of translation purposes and Laura's sources at NoE said the same.

And today we have an immage (still not confirmed to be real but it fits my "theory") that says that BotW will be available in Spring 2017, most likely meaning that it'll be a launch title.

This makes me think that BotW will release simultaneously with the launch of the Switch in Japan AND the United States while it'll come later on here in Europe due to the translations taking a longer time, it also makes sense since this is the first Zelda game to be Voice Acted and Nintendo games never needed (excluding a few of them that always kept the English dubs such as Mario) voice actors so NoE will need a few months to record all the voice acting/translate text, insert it in the game and make shure that every line of text is placed in the right text box.

Living in Italy I really wish this to not be the case but this is the most logical situation right now to me

Around the Network

I also hope its not the case. Us Australians gets the same copy as Europe.

But if the rumor of Switch being Region free is true, then that could fix that problem.........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Meh I doubt that. Zelda isn't a great seller in Japan compared to NA/EU so putting priority on the Japanese version isn't a good move. While I could understand pushing the switch in Japan more cause of its portability, Zelda is not the game to do it imo and I think they should know this by now.

I think it is just the typical sitution of people being wrong which that chick has been before. I think she will also get at least one more wrong but we will see. So far, its best to only trust Eurogamer/DF with leaks and the rest should be taken with giant grains of salt. (If you are gonna trust rumors/leaks to begin with that is)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Meh I doubt that. Zelda isn't a great seller in Japan compared to NA/EU so putting priority on the Japanese version isn't a good move. While I could understand pushing the switch in Japan more cause of its portability, Zelda is not the game to do it imo and I think they should know this by now.

I think it is just the typical sitution of people being wrong which that chick has been before. I think she will also get at least one more wrong but we will see. So far, its best to only trust Eurogamer/DF with leaks and the rest should be taken with giant grains of salt. (If you are gonna trust rumors/leaks to begin with that is)

It's not that they are pushing Zelda for Japan, it simply is ready for release because NoJ developed the game so there weren't any translations of text  to be made on their part and they were left with only the dubbing which is only in one language compared to the multitude of dubs that have to be made for the different countries of Europe

Luke888 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

It's not that they are pushing Zelda for Japan, it simply is ready for release because NoJ developed the game so there weren't any translations of text  to be made on their part and they were left with only the dubbing which is only in one language compared to the multitude of dubs that have to be made for the different countries of Europe

Hmm well here's a question. Has Nintendo dubbed their games with VA in many other languages before? Such as Fire Emblem fates for example?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Luke888 said:

Hmm well here's a question. Has Nintendo dubbed their games with VA in many other languages before? Such as Fire Emblem fates for example?

Nope, FE fates was just subbed with English VA

That is unacceptable.

Well then if this is the case lets hope the rumors are true that the system is region free otherwise the EU will have to wait a few months.

Captain_Yuri said:

Why would the Japanese localization impact the European localization in any way? Can't it just be that the European version takes longer due to scheduling issues with Nintendo or the European partners?

Or are you saying they should hold back the finished localizations in favor of a simultaneous release?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Why would the Japanese localization impact the European localization in any way? Can't it just be that the European version takes longer due to scheduling issues with Nintendo or the European partners?

Or are you saying they should hold back the finished localizations in favor of a simultaneous release?

They should make a Japanese version and English version and release it. Probably with subs of blah languages instead of dubbing every language in the EU.