By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ex-Ubisoft Dev: Direct ports from PS4/Xbox One to Nintendo Switch not possible

GoOnKid said:
KLXVER said:

Isnt the main goal to expand the audience? Only making games for the WiiU and 3DS crowd might not be a good idea.

Yes, you are right, but then again I don't think that Nintendo will EVER regain some die hard Playstation or Xbox fans. They should instead regain some casuals, and as far as I know, the initial Switch trailer received a quite positive reception within these consumers.

True, but I think many Nintendo fans wants some new stuff once in a while. I love Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK etc...but man did I also love ZombiU, Bayonetta 2, Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness etc.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Is this from a person who worked on the NS or just a comment on those spec rumours again?
Story is not very clear on that point.

That's an excellent question.

But in the end, what he says is not that surprising. You simply can't make a straight port of an AAA game developed for the PS4/X1 to a much less powerful device, even if you lower the resolution.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Egelo said:
bunchanumbers said:
Of course it wasn't going to happen. Switch never had the hardware to pull that off. Even a old Shield TV will out muscle it. Thoughts of ports of PS4/X1 games should be long from anyones thoughts.

but but but FF15 must come to switch.  lol

It won't.

Dragon Quest and KH3 will be ported for sure though. That's why they are being developed with the unreal engine.

You can't tell me that it's hard to port Persona 5, Tales of Berseria or other Japanese games (not named MGSV or FFX15) to Switch.

Like i care for Western releases for switch Japan alone will cover switch and plus Nintendo games (Breath of the Wild) so i'm not surprised.

Around the Network

They need to re create new game, it cannot directly port. Except unreal engine and unity but even if they using Unreal or unity, the games will be downgrade like hell or they need to make the base game cross gen and sacrificing other element that benefit PS4, Xbox One and PC.

okr said:

You can't tell me that it's hard to port Persona 5, Tales of Berseria or other Japanese games (not named MGSV or FFX15) to Switch.

Didn't that dev on stream said that Persona 5 is only on Ps3/Ps4 there won't be on another Platform.

Hapuc12 said:
okr said:

Didn't that dev on stream said that Persona 5 is only on Ps3/Ps4 there won't be on another Platform.

Don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. I never understood why Japanese 3rd party devs never bring their games to both Japenese systems.

okr said:
Hapuc12 said:

Don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. I never understood why Japanese 3rd party devs never bring their games to both Japenese systems.

I read somewhere when there was drama to port Persona 5 on Pc and those devs just flat out said no,they said that Atlus has a deal with Sony to keep there Main and Spin of games like persona 4 golden only on PS platform.

No wonder atlus never ported Persona 4 golden to Wii U even though the game was out and could have been easily ported.

That's why Persona Q and that fighting one i think were on other consoles.

a lot of developers are saying the Switch is very easy to port to though.  Supposedly it must be easy to take certain things off and transfer a great quality game still or they wouldn't be saying that