By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - UFC 207: Women's Bantamweight Title Fight: Nunes vs. Rousey

I don't claim to be a massive UFC fan, I was introduced years ago through Rousey so follow her career.  Her lose was surprising, and hoping she manages a comeback as a loss here could mean the end.  I don't think it will be easy, the division elevated since her dominance and personally guessing a third round submission win by Rowdy to reclaim her title.

Around the Network

*batmanweight. /sorry

spemanig said:

*batmanweight. /sorry

135 lbs, so I guess if Batman could drop a good 80 or so pounds he could join.

She gets a lot of hate, but I'm still a fan. I hope makes an impressive return.

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:

Without her the women's division would get no hate, or love, or attention. The fact that she moved it forward a good 10-20 years deserves massive credit.  I get people not liking any athlete, but her contribution is undeniable. 

spurgeonryan said:
Both look scary, but Rousey needs to prove she deserves to be there. Most of my martial art friends that are girls do not like her. They are Lesbians, not that that matters but maybe they think she is phoney baloney?

She won bronze medal in Judo at 2008 Beijing Olympics, she could fight before she ever got into UFC.  She has a strong personality so makes sense she is divisive, but to deny she has talent at fighting is just denying reality.  I doubt any of your martial art friends would last a minute against her.

I'm cheering for you, Rhonda.

Nymeria said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Without her the women's division would get no hate, or love, or attention. The fact that she moved it forward a good 10-20 years deserves massive credit.  I get people not liking any athlete, but her contribution is undeniable. 

Did she move the woman's division forward or did the UFC marketing machine?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I rooting Nunes wins, Rousey needs more humble pie.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian