By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Apple or Your favorite Android maker made a handheld form factor...

What would you do if this exsisted?

Buy Day One. 6 20.00%

Get it on my next upgrade. 4 13.33%

Stay with the slab, and get a handheld. 12 40.00%

Stay with slba, I prefer touch gaming. 1 3.33%

Stick with slab, I don't... 7 23.33%

Total:30

So I am just curious. If Apple or you favorite Android maker released a version of their phones in a handheld form factor going forward. It still has full iOS and Android on it. This device has full support from all 3rd parties. It will get ports of the PS4/XBO/PC titles. It matches those devices button for button, an indentical experience on mobile and home. It can game for 10 hours, and last upto 48 hours in eco mode, with normal calling/texting/browsing with no games, meaning you can make it through a heavy day of gaming, and still have battery life. 

Where do you stand on this product?

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Cannot really deal with anything less than a 7 inch screen.

I mean, I'd get it if it was as sleek as the iPhone.

Would be a nice additional device (if the price is okay), but wouldn't replace my normal phone i have on me every day.

I have different requirements for a phone and for a handheld.

The phone has to be small, thin and light... additional buttons and sticks would make the device bigger, thicker and heavier than necessary for every task besides gaming.

I also want to be able to operate my phone with one hand.

Or they could just make a peripheral that fits multiple phones so you are able to keep the phone you already have. I don't need a second handheld device when I already have a perfectly fine phone.

The sooner dedicated handhelds die the better. Why do we have to bring the painfully static model of consoles to mobile where it's all about choice and customization?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

For me the issue is I have a Google phone and am quite content with it. It does what I need for work and personal use. I can't remember the last time I played a game on it, a year ago maybe for a bit.

Meanwhile I have my Vita that I play on nearly daily that satisfies my gaming needs tot he point I have a list of games to buy once my backlog is worked down.

If you did have a device that merged the best aspects of these two devices then I would be interested. Essentially a Vita 2 that has android applications and functions. I'd personally pay $400-500 for such a device, but I doubt the market would support it

Thanks for the replies so far.

If this happened, I would get the iPhone Handheld day one.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Zero interest for me, I never liked handheld gaming and I've tried one single game on my phone for the three+ years I've had a smartphone. Gaming for me is on big screens with good sound and controls and actual game mechanics and not rubbing or waggling or swiping.

I don´t like handhelds/smartphones for gaming.

If it doesn't have Nintendo Games. Then nope!

And That seems very expensive. I dont buy the latest phone (I bought the Galaxy S5 at May this year in a 2year contract) The contract of it will be very high.

Pocky Lover Boy!