By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Laura Dale rumor: Assassin's Creed 2017 is coming to the Switch

Why the complaints about a Switch version holding it back. Call of duty games being on the Wii didnt hold back the PS360 versions.

Around the Network

I am done with Assassins Creed. Black Flag was very cool, but after that... No thanks, ain´t getting a cent out of me anymore

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
I am done with Assassins Creed. Black Flag was very cool, but after that... No thanks, ain´t getting a cent out of me anymore

If you liked Black Flag, you might like Rogue both last generations. The current generation assassin creed are not great, so the fact the people are up in arms about it, is still funny and amusing. 

Acevil said:
WagnerPaiva said:

If you liked Black Flag, you might like Rogue both last generations. The current generation assassin creed are not great, so the fact the people are up in arms about it, is still funny and amusing. 

I like the Pirate Ship =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Acevil said:

Rogue is a bit similar in that regard, honestly give it a shot. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I took a note, I will try as soon as I terminate my credit card debt. That will be april at the latest =)

WagnerPaiva said:
Acevil said:

I took a note, I will try as soon as I terminate my credit card debt. That will be april at the latest =)

Look for deals, think they ported to the ps4, but do not pay more than a 20 now a days new, might even be able to find it for 10 somewhere used. 

bananaking21 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
Good news I say, more games for the system.
@bananaking 21 , why are u always negative towards any game that comes out for anything than your sony systems?

And who are you to judge my behaviour?

Ohh right.. you are the guy who acted as a PS fanboy, lied about having a studio and making PS exclusives to try gain attention, then ran away for a while whern People caught on to your shit. 

So yes, sure, you are the perfect guy to judge me. Please, go ahead

You didn't answer his question.

OT: That would be good, more support for Switch will encourage other devs to do the same, I'm going to have to start saving up for one myself. Was pretty much sold after seeing Zelda.

Acevil said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Look for deals, think they ported to the ps4, but do not pay more than a 20 now a days new, might even be able to find it for 10 somewhere used. 

Deals are what drove me into a thousand bucks a month debt =D

For now I will play my backlog  (also old RPGs I have laying around here for SNES and PSOne) and not buy anything till april. 

Dr.Vita said:
Darwinianevolution said:

That is somewhat unfair, don't you think? By the same logic, you could say all studios should focus on developing for the PC, and PC alone, so they can all get rid of console restrictions. The more games we all get, the better. It is pointless and unproductive trying to get games to not come out to other platforms.

My point is that PS4 and Xbox One is the main place for most fans of the series to play AC games. Let's just say around 80% of the fans play the AC games on PS4/Xbox One, 18% on PC and 2% on Switch (seems like a realistic scenario for me). Would it make sense for Ubisoft to downgrade the new AC game only for the 2% who play the game on the Switch? This would hurt the sales from the other 98% which is the majority of the AC fans. So it wouldn't be a good financial strategy from Ubisoft. 

Same thing doesn't work with PC exclusive, PC is not the main place for most gamers (only 18%) and 82% of potential consumers would be gone with PC exclusive. Ubisoft should focus on PS4 and Xbox One because that's where they have their biggest target audience imo.

My point was not that I don't want this game on Nintendo Switch, my point is that Ubisoft should try to make a game as good as possible wich shouldn't be restricted by platforms which are not powerful enough. An PC exclusive AC game would would most likely underperform for Ubisoft, so PC/PS4/One should be the target for the next AC game.

Your point is wrong from start, you assuming because of Switch Ubi will need to downgrade XB1/PS4 versions of game but that doesn't have anything with reality. Ubi can use all of XB1/PS4 power hardware for new game and then downscale/downgrade that game for Switch. Like I wrote, Wii that was around 20-30x less powerful than PS3/Xbox360 had Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for instance, and of course PS3/Xbox360 versions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 game were not downgraded because of Wii version.