By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Lost Odyssey a good game and should I put time into it?

I am not into JRPGs a whole lot anymore,but Lost Odyssey and to certain extent FF15 actually caught my interest. They seem to cater to the western audience quite a bit so it won't feel too strange for me. I did like the older FF games when it had a medieval feeling to it and Lost Odyssey seems like a throwback to the old ff games in a way.

Around the Network

It is amazing, probably the best jrpg of the seventh generation. That's not exactly saying much, but it's very good.

Lost Odyssey is the best game on 360 and I like it more than any game released this generation. You should play it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I didn't like it at all, and I'm a fan of old school jrpgs. The combat system is very uninteresting and doesn't bring anything new to the genre, also it's terribly slow. Animations and graphics are awful, level design close to non-existent. I also didn't like the story and the characters so much, but many people did so I guess it's subjective.

I absolutely loved it. I personally think it's on the list of best RPG's of the last gen.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Lost Odyssey for me was one of the only games i enjoyed on the 360 so yeah play it lol

Lost Odyssey is the last great JRPG in my opinion.

It took me 2 or 3 starts to get warm with it. Then i thought "screw it" and i said that i play no other game until i know why its a secret tip. And man, i didnt touch anything else for weeks. Hands down, best jrpg sine ff7. I still love it,

DonaldJTrump said:

It's tremendous! Frankly, other JRPGs are not the best. They have major, major problems. Some of them, I assume, are good games. But they have all these problems. Boy, do they have problems. But Lost Odyssey is just terrific! I mean, what an amazing game, believe me!

DonaldJTrump said:

It was okay/good in the past on x360, but no masterpiece like Persona 4 or the new Persona 5. Ni No Kuni was better too. A remake of Lost Odyssey would not be wrong - someday, with better graphics & more details + new gameplay features. LO is not in my top 8 of the best jrpg from recent years. The old version is not well aged in my opinion.